Sad day for Americans...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Send a letter to Nancy Pelosi.
    I'm sure she'll get right on it.

http://www.speaker.gov/contact/

#21     Sep 8, 2008
  2. last summer, an Amnesty biil was being shoved down the throats of the American public - would have cost trillions

it was stopped, and it was stopped by the masses that called the senate shutting down the capital switchboards(of which i was one), it wasnt stopped by useless dickheads like you, who advocate a silent exit

if you dont like people complaining, then why dont YOU leave?

#22     Sep 8, 2008
  3. Since when is WHINING & CRYING a sign of having balls? IMO it is a sign of weakness, nothing else. Only losers refuse to control their own destiny as they expect the government to take care of their future.

If you clowns are so 100% sure the USA is going down the drain and your children are going to drown in government debt, why are you not packing up your belongings already, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FAMILY????

#23     Sep 8, 2008
  4. lol this is a great quote

#24     Sep 8, 2008
  5. you are such a fucking idiot, you cant even read

dont you get it that he's not asking the government to 'take care of him' he's asking for just the opposite, to QUIT BAILIING OUT people who fuck up, because it will bankrupt the country

are you just such a parasite that you are indiffferent to the stability of your country?

#25     Sep 8, 2008
  6. No, you crybaby. If I don't like something then I take action. You chime in with other whiners and do nothing.

If you think the US is going to be bankrupted, then buy gold, short the USD and just move & STFU.

Instead, you keep whining how your country is going down the drain and your children will have to live in the streets. Just another clown who doesn't put his money where his mouth is.

#26     Sep 8, 2008
  7. your next 4000 stupid posts wont waste my time - on ignore

#27     Sep 8, 2008
  8. The national debt is around 10 trillion dollars. You must be thinking of something else...

#28     Sep 8, 2008
  9. Wagner of GM is in route to Washington for his handout, Then Ford,Lehman. we just can't have failures here nope!

#29     Sep 8, 2008
  10. DataExec

DataExec

Bashing the addition of 550,000 legal, immigrant workers is an overly simplistic approach to a complex problem in America.

True, we are facing rising unemployment (6.1% and growing) due to a recession, a slowdown in construction and a meltdown in the financial industries. This will cascade into more unemployment as credit tightens causing an increase in business failures.

Neither the recession nor the subsequent rise in unemployment is caused by immigrant workers.

On the contrary, there is a shortage of skilled workers, especially engineers, in certain industries (oil exploration, biotech, software development, aerospace, etc.).

The chronic problem of getting visas for skilled workers is causing many companies to "go global" to solve the problem. An example is Microsoft opening a new research and development center this past year in Vancouver, Canada. A quote from Microsoft --
    "...allows the company to recruit and retain highly skilled people affected by immigration issues in the U.S."
    They also have an R&D center with 350+ in Hong Kong, a facility in Toronto and others planned around the world.

Shut down the entry of skilled workers and the companies will move operations overseas.

#30     Sep 8, 2008