Sad day for Americans...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Sep 8, 2008.

1. In particular, 'Socialized Capitalism' Even ABC's George Will called it that

Profits from risks are pocketed privately, losses from risks are distributed socially

And we wonder why people take such huge dumb risks

Why wouldnt they? What's their downside?

#11     Sep 8, 2008
  2. the funny thing about people who bitch about 'complainers', is that they dont see themselves as complainers, even though that's about all they ever do - it's all you've done in this thread

is that how you ended up with 4487 useless posts?

#12     Sep 8, 2008
  3. The precedent was set with Long Term Capital back in the Summer of 1998.
    This is nothing new.

If people are so upset about it, then LEAVE.

#13     Sep 8, 2008
  4. You are Wrong.
    The NY Federal Reserve President negotiated the bail-out of LTCM.

This move with Fannie and Freddie was NOT unprecedented.

#14     Sep 8, 2008
  5. did you revoke the 1st amendment?

this is an internet thread, not a loudspeaker. Very easy to just ignore it. ever consider ignoring threads that annoy you?

#15     Sep 8, 2008
  6. Yes. Believe it or not, here on ET there are dozens of crybabies such as yourself blaming their personal misfortune on NAFTA and globalization. I reply to each and every one of them and tell them to simply leave the US and stop whining.

It's so easy!

#16     Sep 8, 2008
  7. what a sad, stupid and angry person you are, to rack up so many posts scolding people about things they cant control, when you yourself spend your life trying to police message boards

#17     Sep 8, 2008
  8. Because maybe he has the balls to stay and help try to fix it, instead of making the quick exit. Maybe he believes in how good it could be.

I've heard your rebuttal a million times, it's weak and pathetic.

Yes why not just let the fraud and lies run rampant and put the finishing touches on the final chapter of the US empire.

#18     Sep 8, 2008
  9. New t-shirt inspired by Landis82: Take it up the shit chute or leave!!! I enjoy getting mine!

#19     Sep 8, 2008
  10. Why can't you control your own destiny?

Last time I looked the US still allows its citizens to emigrate and move all their assets to another country. It's not the Soviet Union just yet, is it?

#20     Sep 8, 2008