SAC's Ex Wife Going After $300 Million

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Wayne Gibbous, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Yeah, and if he knows, say the earnings for GM before the release, he could use it to trade Ford.

#41     Dec 27, 2009
  2. This is a little off-topic, but I was and continue to be impressed with how fast the SEC moved on those 2 French guys who found out Sanofi was going to take Chattem out a little too early.

2 days after the deal was announced, those guys got charged? All this while half the SEC may have been on vacation? You got to hand it to that Atlanta SEC office for moving faster than greased lightening.

#42     Dec 27, 2009
  3. I was under the assumption this still falls under the umbrella of insider trading, the information is material enough to affect a sector and is not exclusive to the company that is announcing the news, although I don't know of any cases off hand where this was prosecuted.
    :confused:

#43     Dec 27, 2009
  4. that material non public information is exactly that.

If you read the Cohen versus Cohen complaint, it spells out what happened during the GE acquisition for RCA. I am not certain Stevie has the will power not to directly trade an acquisition target if he (SAC) were to come by some solid "so and so is going to take out so and so at this price."

Time will tell if he's wised up since then.

The SEC's a lot more sophisticated than it was in the mid 1980's, too. That bust of those French guys who pigged out on CHTT call options too early proves that.

#44     Dec 27, 2009
  5. Funny you should mention it. I learned a long time ago, in this you leave nothing to chance. Nothing. I could say that Kang knows that, but I don't know that he does. Why not pass it along, to be sure he does? No reason not to. All you have to do is dial them up. Offer the information. It is very easy to do. Be sure you mention the case that you are referring to, so you get in the right line.

Just hypothetical. Already done. But good thinking none the less.

#45     Dec 27, 2009
  6. Patrick Carroll's his daddy and he gets paid to potty train BJ, I don't.

Here's an example for you guys on information leaking a little early (Korea Electric Power) which wasn't capitalized upon by Stevie (checked his 13F's).

KEP won a very lucrative deal with the UAE over the weekend and beat out GE and Areva. It ran up all last week in Seoul on anticipation of this deal. There was very little action in Paris on Areva and virtually no, "GE won't get this deal" talk in the US.

If Stevie was "juiced" properly, he could have had made a killing going long KEP on Monday (of last week) and possibly made a little money shorting both Areva and GE. I don't think the punk's as well juiced as BJ Kang thinks he is.

If BJ Kang had any time on a prop trading desk, he wouldn't have to rely on wiretaps to pop guys like Raj who Robert Mueller let off the hook in 2001.

#46     Dec 28, 2009
  7. I hope he will also.

#47     Dec 28, 2009
  8. I don't think Stevie will be okay and if/when he gets popped, he's had it coming for 25 years plus.

So, none of you wannabe Masters of the Universe trade the TASE, huh? That's too bad, there's some good upside action today in the chip and wireless networking sectors (EZChip and Ceragon which both trade on the NDAQ as ADR's).

Guys (he's really male, right) like Stevie give the rest of the hedge fund industry a bad name. Will be glad when he's long gone the business.

#48     Jan 3, 2010