SAC's Ex Wife Going After $300 Million

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Wayne Gibbous, Dec 16, 2009.

1. lol, very true, at least a certain type...

#31     Dec 17, 2009
  2. Whoa! Maybe she was in on it too? She could be racking up on both ends.

#32     Dec 17, 2009
  3. thx to who ever deleted my post. :mad:

#33     Dec 17, 2009
  4. They are probably going to need very solid evidence, like recordings and cooperating witnesses and such, to hang anything on Cohen. The guy seems ultra slick.

Not that they can't do it. Looks like they got Raj bottled up pretty well. Too bad Cramer wasn't still active in his hedge fund sleeze when all this hit. Would have been easy to fit him for an orange jumpsuit. Ex employees and others would have been lining up to testify against that irritating jerk...

#35     Dec 18, 2009
  5. right click >>>> save as :D

#36     Dec 18, 2009
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Guys should keep a diary of all their f*cks.
    When it comes to bust up time then all the judge has to do is to find the going rate for a similiar looker times the magic number = payoff.

Everyones happy.

:D

#37     Dec 18, 2009
  7. and that's a fact. Go read the 25 page complaint. It explains how his brother (Donald) and a punk lawyer (then), Brett Lurie, did it.

I want to know why Forbes' Liz Moyer has a muzzle over her mouth. Who shut her up? Steve Forbes?

Gruntal was the sleaziest firm on Wall Street and that's also a fact. It was full of punks who traded on inside information and who pumped old ladies' accounts full of worthless penny stocks.

#38     Dec 27, 2009
  8. I think Steve is going to be okay.

My Hypothesis:
    He does have the insider information, but he doesn't trade the company with it. Instead, he use it as a catalyst for his trade in another company in the same industry & sector that have high correlations with the company that he has the insider information on.

So, technically, he isn't trading insider information, but he does have an advantage over other traders.

PA

#39     Dec 27, 2009
  9. and this hypothesis of making trades in the same sector or sector closely correlated and sensitive to the inside information he may receive makes a lot of sense.

For example, if one were to know (a little early) that ticker symbol ABC was going to take out XYZ, it certainly would impact others in that sector as well as the supply chain (suppliers to that sector as well as down the line customers).

Absolutely brilliant hypothesis. Would you mind telling BJ Kang he should consider looking at paired trades SAC may have made?

#40     Dec 27, 2009