SAC's Cohen - left every employee in the lurch - now asking employees not to talk.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by brownpenny, May 20, 2013.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

So in Cohen's case, since insider trading was also known in HF circles as the Cohen edge, the simplest explanation is that yes, his HF actually did insider trades.

Case closed... No conspiracy needed.... Now the big screw up was that they paid 600 mill so the allegations would go away, except they forgot that there are both civilian and criminal charges/courts....

#41     May 24, 2013
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Yup, that's what it looks like.

#42     May 24, 2013
  3. zdreg

zdreg

" I am tempered in my laughter by the recognition that if someone outside of government could believe in the absurd, then obviously someone inside the government could as well. "

but it is beneath you, because of temperament or lack of talent, to show the lack of validity of the assertion.
    obviously you are not familiar with ticket or arrest quotas by the police. perhaps because of the large sums of money involved you could not entertain the idea that hedge funds gurus are being pursued because of the large deficits destroying the US.
    as willie sutton once replied why he robs banks that's where the money is.

" then obviously someone inside the government could as well. " THEN ACT UPON IT AND THEN IT IS NOT ABSURD,ANYMORE.

#43     May 24, 2013
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

5. jem

jem

wow... they say cohen has 9 billion of the 15 billion himself.
    I am surprised he is still in this jurisdiction.

Go somewhere... start donating to democrats... give big to the Obama library get a pardon. That is how it worked with Clinton.
    I see no reason to think Obama has a tougher standard.

#45     May 25, 2013
  6. Is there any irony here that expert (tattling) networks and insider (wiretap) trading are being used by the government to gain financial advantage (albeit not in the markets).

"Live by the sword, die by the sword"

#46     May 28, 2013
  7. SAC conviction yesterday.

SAC employee who cooperated will get a good deal. But if you're a former or current SAC employee, Cohen will sell you out in a NY minute.

#47     Dec 19, 2013
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

All things considered, the profits outweigh the risks.

#48     Dec 19, 2013
  9. "U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said at a press conference that SAC was "a magnet for market cheaters", "

"FBI Assistant Director George Venizelos said in a statement, " SAC not only tolerated cheating, it encouraged it." "

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100900245

#49     Dec 19, 2013
  10. I'm shocked, Why, I can't believe that a brilliant mind like Stevie couldn't legitimately return 40% a year on an exponentially growing asset base. I'll tell you, what's this world coming to.

Shame on the system, and all you apologists who for years let this scam perpetrate. In a zero sum world, he fucked a lot of people out of a lot of money. "Great Trader" my ass.

#50     Dec 19, 2013