SAC's Cohen - left every employee in the lurch - now asking employees not to talk.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by brownpenny, May 20, 2013.

1. zdreg

zdreg

soros trades a lot of commodity markets as in contrast individual companies.
    buffet doesn't trade. therefore there is no inside info.

#21     May 21, 2013
  2. hahahaha OK I got it. So Cohen obviously has left the door wide open for a shake down, as effectively , he did ( little may be) do some insider trading.

#22     May 21, 2013
  3. jem

jem

imo, buffet trades his ass off. he is all smoke screen just like soros.

selling billions of dollars worth of puts?
    buying a railroad and getting obama to nix a pipeline.
    buying shares of goldman sachs during the meltdown.

Buffet just trades with the help of govt and the fed.
    Soros with the help of so gen.
    cohen with the help of wall street.

you really think those guys have billion dollar edges... they have billion dollar friends and they typically own the politicians who control the SEC...

that is why I am so surprised Cohen could not get his walls street Fed buddies to buy another senator.

Its odd because Wall Street buys Senator Schumer (look at his campaign contributors on the web. and the prosecutor going after Cohen used to work for Schumer and Schumer got him his job.
    Maybe Cohen kicked Schumer out of the fund or the the wrong former Goldman guy right before a big quarter.

#23     May 21, 2013
  4. The investigation has been going on for at least 6 years. So there must be more than just for a quarter profits.

#24     May 23, 2013
  5. jem

jem

I was sort of joking about egos and profits.
    I am sure it was more than just pissing of one of Schumer's buddies a little bit.

But... it still seems odd they are going after Cohen when they could go after so many other organizations too. It makes me specualte Cohen must have pissed the wrong person off. I know its speculation.

In a similar way they tore down cycling to go after Lance Armstrong.
    Sure they knew he was on EPO when it was not banned and lance was a dick enough to lie d about never using PEDs.

But, I am sure Armstrong told the wrong guy to fuck off I am lance armstrong.

That looked like a vendetta to me, that took him down. And this on Cohen looks similar.

#25     May 23, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

A close friend who I lost last year partly because he did not take good care of himself like to say he couldn't see any point in passing up an opportunity for another day in the nursing home.

It seems these hedge fund guys believe similarly, except in their case it's for one less year in prison.

As we all know, risks are proportional to gain in this racket, and very few have the good fortune to quit before the odds catch up with them.

Maybe the Picassos will get auctioned.

#26     May 23, 2013
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Excuse me Jem, but they are going after everyone! Not just Cohen. He's the big fish. You start with the minnows, and use them to catch the bigger fish. This is just the SEC and Justice doing, finally, what we pay them to do. A pleasant reversal from the Cox era. It's no vendetta. It's called doing the job you're paid to do.

#27     May 23, 2013
  8. jem

jem

You look at this as the SEC doing their job. I do not. If they were doing their job they would be going after the banksters mortgage meltdown crew too.

The SEC only goes after the powerless or guys who scam the public. not the guys who offer them jobs when they have earned their govt pensions.

This is a vendetta.

#28     May 23, 2013
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Cohen, powerless? Gupta, powerless? Rajaratnam, powerless? Boesky, powerless? Yah, right!
    And how nasty to go after those that scam the public!

Get a grip on reality man. Think before hitting "submit"!

And as far as the Banksters go, a daresay the DOJ has not called you up to fill you in on the current status of the investigation. And don't sit by your phone waiting. It's not going to ring. But just because the don't let you know what they are doing does not mean they aren't doing what you think they aren't. And always remember Jem, you are what you are not.

#29     May 23, 2013
  10. I'll bet $50 that Cohen will not be in prison within the next 2 years.

#30     May 23, 2013