SAC & Gradient Sued by Bioval - 60 minutes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tireg, Mar 27, 2006.

1. The problem is that the authorities don't do their job. They hand slap and wink. So guys like you think this is ok because last year, something worse happened. I can see your thinking. But we have to stop this crap. We've got millions without pensions. These guys kill companies to get bigger mansions. They don't create anymore.

It is illegal to publish research and not disclose compensation. They are going down. What we have tried to do is mobilize the fly over population. Left to their own devices, Wall St. will destroy allof us in pursuit of profits. Scandal after scandal. Refco, research, mutual funds, ............. It is going to stop here, and it's going to be ugly.

#21     Mar 29, 2006
  2. just curious flytiger, where do you set your bollinger bands on the ohare spread, 1 or 2 standard deviations?

#22     Mar 29, 2006
  3. ktm

ktm

So what. And Camelback did it? What if SAC told them to jump off a cliff? Same thing with the report. The way I see it, SAC is clean on this one. They have other bigger potential issues from what I've read, but Camelback issued the report. SAC and all the other funds can tell them to print whatever...the fact that Camelback DID IT is now their problem.

Unless of course Camelback did a modicum of research and discovered that SAC was right and the company was a POS, and everything in the report was true anyway, then I don't see where anyone has a problem.

#23     Mar 29, 2006
  4. i have to agree - you think the SEC made an example out of Martha? That was nothing compared to what is about to happen.

SAC lifted the wool from the retail trader's/401k working stiff's eyes as to how the machine works. This will be a bloodbath in the name of damage control - remember - "The Markets are good for the little guy too.(tm)"

#24     Mar 29, 2006
  5. Choad

Choad

Wanna bet that the ones that get in trouble the worst, will be the ones caught lying, ala Ms Stewart. All she had to do was say "Yes, I sold my shares because my broker, or the CEO, or whomever called and said he had info of a bad FDA report..." She wouldn't have even gotten a hand-slap, AFAIK, since she wasn't an insider. But...she got caught lyin' to da cops. Easier to prove than securities fraud...

So I bet we have a reporter or two that sez "I was never contacted directly by Rocker...". But then they forget about mail server and ISP logs, deleted file recovery procedures, etc on BOTH ends of the communication. Result - Club Fed and an ankle bracelet.

#25     Mar 29, 2006
  6. jem

jem

Nice.

If he is trading retail it is when the brokers calls about putting more money up. .

If he is trading as a member it is where the clearing firm closes out the trade.

#26     Mar 29, 2006
  7. Does anybody else here think if Gradient disclosed that the research was paid for by SAC, the stock would have fell harder and faster than it did being that SAC has a lot of clout on the street and what not...everybody would want to be on the same side as SAC.

#27     Mar 29, 2006
  8. It wouldn't have mattered it the stock went up, and they were wrong. they broke the law.

Stewart deserved what happened to her. She was a director of an NYSE firm, a director of the NYSE, a former stock broker. She knew. So be it. The fact that that happened and they shorted her stock to death has nothing to do with the former. they did, that's another matter.

The 4 bill lawsuits are about to come out of the closet.

By the By, if you don't lknow. The O'hare spread is taking one side of a trade, and a one way out of the country for the other side.

#28     Mar 29, 2006