SAC Capital Sex Harassment

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Surdo, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21224443
    Details Emerge in SAC Capital Sex Harassment Case

Sexual harassment cases are nothing new on Wall Street, but CNBC has uncovered new details of one of the most salacious cases to hit a big trading house in a long time.

The case involves a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a Andrew Z. Tong, a former junior trader at SAC Capital, the powerful Greenwich, Conn., hedge fund, against one of SAC’s top producers, a trader named Ping Jiang.

A New York State judge has sealed the case and sent the lawsuit into arbitration, where both sides would battle it out in private. He even cancelled oral arguments that were scheduled for Thursday following an appeal by Tong’s lawyers, who want the case to remain in state court.

The judge said he sealed the details of Tong’s allegations contained in the lawsuit because it is not in the public interest to disclose the salacious nature of the complaints. CNBC has learned the suit includes the following allegations made by Tong against Jiang:

--After being hired at SAC, Tong alleges that Jiang came to him and told him he had a trading method in which his traders must not be too aggressive; that traders must be more effeminate and to do so, he directed Tong to begin taking female hormones.

--Tong says he then took the female hormones that he bought on the black market.

2. pdwst33

pdwst33

haha, just saw that too. Remind you of someone/something here on ET recently? lol. Not exactly the same story...but pretty damn close.

3. Surdo

Surdo

I was thinking it was that FEM FREAK that used to post here!

4. pdwst33

pdwst33

EXACTLY what I first thought when I saw the segment....

The guy was going on and on and on about being harassed by his supervisor and other traders for not having a girlfriend, not being masculine enough, considering legal action, and was consulting US, the elite trader community for legal advice. This is uncanny!

6. bfft

7. You mean the one pretending to be of Indian social origin ???

8. pdwst33

pdwst33

Yes that's the one. The "I'm seeing gypsies" guy

9. LOL ! :D :D :D

10. gnome

gnome

Closely guarded secret, let out of the bag.

So, if you're an ET'er and the market's giving you fits.... you're just not Girlie-Man enough!

#10     Oct 10, 2007