Sabotaging profitable traders on Spot FX dealers?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Remiraz, Jul 14, 2005.

1. it may be against the law to put profitable traders on manual execution.

I don't know about the regulation in currency markets but you can't just decide to f*ck with people who hold equity accounts, you have to have a good reason to do so.

If this has happened to any of you I'd check into how legal it is.

#21     Aug 24, 2005
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

id tell you to shove it where the fx dont shine!! :D

4x is a rip off and ALL the brokers are just bucket shops PERIOD.

this is the only way they can make money - from your loss.

i have spoken.

#22     Aug 24, 2005
  3. arr999

arr999

Currenex is is not an FCM. You cannot trade with them directly to my knowledge. You must trade with an FCM that uses there platform.

#23     Aug 24, 2005
  4. So many traders have said 4x brokers are rip offfs.
    This concerns me.
    Are we living in a law less land ?

it is unbelevable .

what ever happend to screen shots, time stamped logs..
    courts, lawyers

are we living in a law less land ?

I dont get it

#24     Aug 24, 2005
  5. 9th Gate

9th Gate

In there minds the only reason we all trade is to give away our money in the long run.

I find it funny that all of sudden the spot FX market "opened up" to retail "traders". I guess the big banks and traders got tired of battling each other for profits.

#25     Aug 24, 2005
  6. some don't, they do sthg thats even more fun, they just let u go into yr trade, look at how (over)leveraged u r, and simply shift their bid/ask away from the mkt by say 7, 8-10 pips for as long as it takes (for u to close yr pozzie) once or twice, then 20 pips another time, until u get the hint... doesn't matter if u have separate accts with the same broker that show normal mkt level quotes, Reuters quotes or what have u, fx is not that regulated, remember?... thats called 'individual pricing'
    usually most brokers only hit u with 1-3 pips once u get in, just to make s u r e they make their spread, and thats considered 'ok'-mkt practice, but there's nothing stopping them from increasing the voltage if they feel like it... still unhappy abt manual exec??

#26     Aug 28, 2005
  7. so they have licence to steal ?
    is that what is going on every day ?

#27     Aug 29, 2005
  8. well, if u're trading thru the big fixed-spreads playaz (see fxstreet.com for instance), no & no of course, otherwise we wldn't be so many trading this mkt.... bear in mind this is an unregulated otc mkt so yes there is more room for some measure of 'egregious' behaviour, but... thanks to the competitive pressure and fear of the reputational risk, the environment is getting cleaner & cleaner everyday... still if u can't bear with that level of 'threat', u can trade via the ECNs (i've just started)...

#28     Aug 30, 2005
  9. can you trade currency futures options via ecn' ?

#29     Aug 30, 2005
  10. pssssst....whats an ecn?

#30     Sep 4, 2005