S/R Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Max22, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Max22

Max22

I would like to start this journal to keep a record of my trades. I mainly day trade the ES, CL, and 6E. I trade around support and resistance and have a handful of setups that I look for on a daily basis. For every trade I will try and post a chart for reference.

2. I trade SPY instead of ES b/c I trade equities as well, but Looking forward to it. Good Luck!

3. Max22

Max22

Here is a pic of the first trade I took today. I generally take profits at +6 ticks and then at +12 ticks. This trade gave both of those two targets and more, but I was not in for the whole move.

4. Max22

Max22

Here is the second oil trade. I got the Plus 6 ticks on the first half and had a target at the lows. after getting the first target I moved my stop to entry and got stopped out there on the second 1/2.

5. Max22

Max22

Looking at 75.70 area for a possible short

6. Max22

Max22

75.70 was taken out and no trigger to short there. A few attempts to stay above it did not prevail and it broke down.
    I took two long trades when I saw they were trying to hold above 70 both were stop out -10 ticks. I shorted on the break down and recovered 15 ticks. The chart is attached.

7. Max22

Max22

Looking to possibly short the es at around 1136

8. Max22

Max22

I got short at 1135.75 and took 1 pt on 2/3 of the position and took 2.50 points on the other 1/3. The chart is attached.

9. Max22

Max22

I see resistance in oil at around 75.30, not sure we will get there again, its selling off pretty good. If we do i'll look to get short , not chasing though.

10. Max22

Max22

Well my 75.30 was hit and I got short at 75.16 on my trigger. I took 7 ticks on the 1/2 and got 19 ticks on the second 1/2. That was perfect setup and its continuing to go down testing the lows, left a lot on the table , but cant complain. Chart is attached.

#10     Sep 22, 2010