S/R Emini Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by 4re, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4re

4re

Worked like a charm today. I did 2 trades which are posted on here earlier.

This morning I took the short at 1292.50 and got out at 1288. Made back the money I lost yesterday plus I have gains for today. I may enter again if I see a good set up but I can set idle and be ok to.

Second trade short 1284 and covered at 1281. The second trade I had a larger position so no more trading today

Thanks for asking, how have you been doing?

#31     May 17, 2006
  2. Going good. But that's because I'm not trading. LOL.
    I'm just watching the ES. Not trading it. :D

#32     May 17, 2006
  3. Good day indeed, I like trading breakouts too. They tend to be more specific than yours though.

Today I could have gottten 10 pts, he, he... in hindsight. But still, 2-4-6 pts is not bad. Yesterday, it was 2-4-2 only... same type of breakout...

#33     May 17, 2006
  4. 4re

4re

How does your system work? Always good to find some new info. Most of mine never will be real big winners due to the fact that I own my own company and have to get out and work sometimes. But I would be very interested in how you do your trades also. I just think that trading breakouts are usually the safest with a lot of momentum behind them.

#34     May 17, 2006
  5. 4re

4re

Todays plays should pretty cut and dry.

Long at 1274.50
    Short at 1268.00

I know price has already touched 1274.50 but it hasn't gone through it yet so I am not in at this time.

My orders are set, Good luck everyone...

#35     May 18, 2006
  6. Dominic

Dominic

What type of stop loss are you running?

#36     May 18, 2006
  7. 4re

4re

I am using pretty tight stops usually between 1 and 1 1/2 points. I have noticed that with this type of trading either it works very quickly or not at all.

That being said if it starts coming back to my entry a second time I go ahead and take it again. I may lose some commission money on it but at $5.00 round trip I'll pay it.

#37     May 18, 2006
  8. 4re

4re

Since price dropped at the opening to 1273.50 I went ahaead and entered long at 1274.50 and my target was hit at 1277.50. I got 3 points per contract and I am finished for the day.

Not a lot of thrills trading like this but I will get my thrill through consistant gains. This is how you need to trade when you don't have a lot of time.

#38     May 18, 2006
  9. Nice straightforward approach, 4re. Certainly meets fulfills the KISS principle.

Your short entry limit was clear (yesterday's low). How did you determine today's long entry level?

I saw the chart, but it wasn't obvious to me. Do you use volume clusters, or just a recent high (i.e. the high from the last hour of trading yesterday).

Thanks.

#39     May 18, 2006
  10. 4re

4re

Thank you, I am trying to keep it simple but effective.

Todays long was based on resistance pattern I saw. The price kept meeting a lot of resistance at that point and bouncing off. The more times it does this the stronger the resistance becomes. Kind of like a self fulfilling prophecy thing. As it happens so often once the price does jump through that resistance a lot of people start jumping in thinking they are missing something and it just gains momentum. These are the things I look for. Hope that helps some.

#40     May 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.