S/R Emini Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by 4re, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4re

4re

I understood your question and kinda suspected that was why you were asking, that is why I answered it. For money management purposes I divide my account into groups and only allow myself losses that I can recoup in one day. I am not going to put all my eggs on the table at one time. The way I have mine split I can take the same amount of loss for one week with no winners and still maintain the same number of contracts. It better not happen but I can do it. Days like yesterday do happen to everyone.

This morning I took the short at 1292.50 and got out at 1288. Made back the money I lost yesterday plus I have gains for today. I may enter again if I see a good set up but I can set idle and be ok to.

On another note, what school are you going to and what are you planning to do with your degree. I am only asking because I am in the medical field as well.

#21     May 17, 2006
  2. You would have made money if you would have shorted at 7:30 CST pre-market hours. Some people don't like to trade pre-market. Just depends on your trading comfort zone.

#22     May 17, 2006
  3. Dominic

Dominic

"On another note, what school are you going to and what are you planning to do with your degree. I am only asking because I am in the medical field as well."

I think you must have me crossed with someone else; great trade this morning. Congrats

Dominic

#23     May 17, 2006
  4. 4re

4re

I am sorry I got mixed up... Thought I was talking to Biologymajor.

#24     May 17, 2006
  5. 4re

4re

Just took another play on the breakout of todays low. I went short at 1284 and covered at 1281. That is it for the day. I used 25% of my account on that last one because it looked very strong.

4re

#25     May 17, 2006
  6. 4re

4re

I do and did trade the pre-market. I had my orders set this morning. Sometimes pre-market is hard for me because I have to take my son to school but if I see something starting I will set it to take the trade.

I meant to ask you, what school are you attending and what are you planning to do with your degree? I ask because I am in the medical field as well. Thanks to the Navy...

#26     May 17, 2006
  7. 4re

4re

Wow, today has been very wild. We needed a correction anyway. Looks like the next major level of support is at 1266. If it breaks through that look for a major sell off. I guess the old saying "Sell in may and go away" rings true for now.

#27     May 17, 2006
  8. I go to Texas State in San Marcos, Texas.
    I have one more year to go. My plans were to go on to medical school. I'll probably go to one of the caribbean schools. I like holistic medicine better. I won't go to medical school in the caribbean if I study holistic medicine. I can do that in the states.
    Less money in holistic medicine but it's where I feel comfortable. I would rather heal people naturally than with drugs and operations.

#28     May 17, 2006
  9. 4re

4re

I got it. I am also a Texas boy in Dallas. Had to go bail out some med students in Granada. Good luck with your schooling. I am into Neurophysiology now.

#29     May 17, 2006
  10. Thank you.

Lots of trending today for traders that like to short.

#30     May 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.