S/R Emini Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by 4re, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4re

4re

Right now I am trading 2 accounts one I am just doing 5 per trade and the other one I will be doing 10 per trade. Will increase on a monthly basis depending on monthly gain.

#11     May 16, 2006
  2. Dominic

Dominic

I have been trading equities for 6 years and thinking about getting into E minis; my goal is $500 to $1K a day; so if your trying to make 1-2 points on 5-10 contracts, that equals my same goal on equities. Have you tried trading equitiies?

#12     May 16, 2006
  3. That doesn't matter. The question is irrelevant and has nothing to do with his stragety and trying to beat the market. It doesn't matter if somebody trades one contract of 100 contracts.

It's nobody's business how many contracts somebody trades per entry or how many shares of a stock somebody buys.

#13     May 17, 2006
  4. What do you have your candlesticks set at? three, one, fifteen minute? Your picture looks like they are daily candlesticks. One can't get a real picture of what way the market is moving with just using support/resistance and daily candlesticks as their only indicator.

#14     May 17, 2006
    #15     May 17, 2006

6. biologymajor = new ET cop...:p

#16     May 17, 2006
  7. 4re

4re

I have been trading the Q's and IBM options for about 12 years. I good friend and mentor of mine talked me into switching to the emini. I have had to change the way I do things a little but so far the strategies I used in those markets have held up in the emini as well.

#17     May 17, 2006
  8. 4re

4re

You are right and I don't usually say. Since it is early in this thread I don't mind answering the question right now. I probably won't anymore but I don't want to come off as soem huge market player when I am not. As my accounts grow I probably won't say how many I am using. Mainly because I don't like when people just try to one up eveybody for no reason.

#18     May 17, 2006
  9. 4re

4re

The chart I am showing is a 30 minute chart. I actually trade using 3 and 5 minute charts on e-sig. The only indicators I have on my e-sig charts are Bollinger Bands, 20 and 50 day moving averages.

#19     May 17, 2006
  10. Dominic

Dominic

I would disagree with your above statement. My reason behind asking is if someone was trading 10 contracts (for example) with a $10K account, is how would their stragety work compared to having a $1 million dollar account; could they handle the swings. What if someone was trading 1 contract and fully maxed out in account; I'm sure that would hinder his/her stragety.

Account sizing has a lot to do with overall success.

#20     May 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.