S&P500 reached an intermediate top yesterday at 918

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 18, 2008.

Did we top at 918?

1. Yes we topped

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No more up room to go

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. GTS

GTS

That description applies very well to your posts.

#11     Dec 18, 2008
  2. Tim is a great guy. He will trade stuff that he knows nothing about. He doesn't follow trend lines, but uses fibs and simple trend lines. Most of his trades have made money this year.

If pleases you, he did buy a vacation house in 2006 and his house in Palo Alto has greatly sunk in value.

#12     Dec 18, 2008
  3. there is tons of support in the 8700 range on the dow. There seems to be selling on uncertainty of GM not getting bailed out before going BK. Bush called for "orderly" bankruptcy. WTF does that mean? More politicalspeak.

#13     Dec 18, 2008
  4. Thats it. Im walking away from the computer for the rest of the day and will let the computer do the trading for me;)

#14     Dec 18, 2008
  5. You have a few things to learn. Bush's announcement might have been what they call a "trial balloon" to see the reaction that it garnered. On Saturday, when most bad news is announced these days, Bush and Paulson could walk up to the podium to announce the bankruptcy of GM.

There is no doubt in my mind that either GM or Ford will go bankrupt, its just a matter of when. Bush's announcement tells me that they are really thinking about it and it might come this weekend.

Wakeup on Saturday, turn on the TV and there goes Paulson announcing that GM is going under. Wake up on Monday to see your GM stock trading at 25 cents on the pinks and the DJIA moving to incredible breath catching lows.

#15     Dec 18, 2008
  6. I don't own GM. There is no way that a democrat house, senate, and president will ever let GM ever go under. The unions still have a lot of clout. There would have to be a republican takeover b4 GM can go under.

#16     Dec 18, 2008
  7. Not if you learn to do the exact opposite of what he says!

#17     Dec 18, 2008
  8. A selloff into the close as the GM bankruptcy becomes real plus Steve Jobs is quiting Apple for good.

#18     Dec 18, 2008
  9. whatthe

whatthe

Shouldn't you be busy with final exams?

#19     Dec 18, 2008
  10. we topped

#20     Dec 18, 2008