S&P500 Options expiring on last trading day of the month

Discussion in 'Options' started by ChrisM, Mar 21, 2006.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM

Do you know anything about it ?

#41     Jun 7, 2006
  2. Sold a few EOM ES puts over the last few days.
    Spreads are still wide, but if you put in the price you want (make the market), they've gotten filled at what I felt was a good price. Hopefully overtime, they'll narrow further. Volume has been picking up.

#42     Jun 13, 2006
  3. ktm

ktm

Volume has been seriously picking up...about 7,000 EOM contracts on the Call side today. With the VIX pushing 24, rolling out for two weeks vs. five is very attractive.

#43     Jun 13, 2006
  4. ChrisM

ChrisM

Due to recent action I had no choice and now I am pretty well loaded with EWs (over 200 contracts).

On Friday I adjusted whole position and fills were not bad at all, nothing to say about speed of filling, which was very impressive.

There was a rocky road at the beginnig, but hopefully it is all behind us.

Thanks again to ktm.

#44     Jun 14, 2006
  5. Hi,
    I'm thinking of getting my feet wet with the new EOM S&P options.

Like others, I'm worried about the volume. Could I get a decent fill on my orders? Has anyone had any experience with the EOM S&P Options - $250/pt (EV)?

Thanks for your help.

#45     Jun 25, 2006
  6. How's the liquidity in these contracts? What are people's trading experiences....? Please share. Thanks!

#46     Aug 8, 2006
  7. ChrisM

ChrisM

Liquidity is getting progressively better and volume is picking up. Spreads are still wide, but I continuously get better fills.

I don`t use them for FOTM spreads yet, but otherwise I trade them on regular basis.

#47     Aug 9, 2006
  8. I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of progress in the ES End of Month options. The spreads haven't gotten better. I still stuggle to get a fair fill. I emailed CME last week and told them the concern. The currently have only 5 market makers compared to 13 for regular ES options. They do think that number will grow.
    Hopefully sooner that later.

#48     Dec 18, 2006
  9. EW options spreads killed me in trying to get fills. I have given up on them for a while until the spreads narrow a bit...

#49     Dec 18, 2006
  10. ChrisM

ChrisM

Progress is slow and bumpy. On some days you may get good fills, on some days you may not.

EWs are just few months old, they have still a way to go.

#50     Dec 18, 2006