S&P500 made a double bottom today!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Port1385, Jul 1, 2008.

Did we hit a double bottom today?

1. Yes, going higher.

22 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. No, going lower.

47 vote(s)
    57.3%
  3. Just ban Landis, Rennick and/or Stocktrad7r and that will solve all our troubles

13 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Sold additional QM at 144.25 and will cover my 144.00 at 143.75. The ES did puck out and I got my last intraday trade short cover at 1261.50.....the overnight session is now only getting more interesting for a watch. :)

#41     Jul 2, 2008
  2. I don't really see any correlation.

Meanwhile, Crude is getting squeezed once again in the electronic session ($144.13) as shorts are forced to cover due to the higher 6% margin that goes into effect tomorrow.

Who would have thunk?
    :eek:

#42     Jul 2, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Something has got to give, its going to be either oil dropping 20% in a single session or the dollar collapsing.

This rubberband is beyond stretched at this point and everyone knows what happens at that point, if oil just pulls back 10% it could provide some relief for the market, the only catalyst I see right now is oil correcting at least 15-20% in order to prop equities higher, oil making new highs is going to lead to new lows every single time on the market.

#43     Jul 2, 2008
  4. bh_prop

bh_prop

Yes, the "bottom is in" crew from yesterday was selling late today. Decent fear now, especially with all the news due out tomorrow, oil, you name it.

#44     Jul 2, 2008
  5. I agree...Auction Market Theory played out as weaker hands gave up the goods prior to the overnight session. I will be up to trade through the EU session tonight for all the various positions I have....should be some action tonight. :)

#45     Jul 2, 2008
  6. I'm a forex guy mainly, but I bought a few hundred SPY and DIA right at close. Could prove to be unsettling tomorrow, but that's life.

#46     Jul 2, 2008
  7. taodr

taodr

It looks to me Cheney(gov) and oil giants are going to ramp up oil , force stock market down until Congress panicks and allows drilling all over the States.

#47     Jul 2, 2008
  8. answer (to thread title): right!

:p

#48     Jul 2, 2008
  9. hmmmmm....you might want to keep up with the news and realize there is already a ton of shale drilling. i somehow doubt me telling you this will matter since you are already living in your own little world.

#49     Jul 2, 2008
  10. OTC Coal Contracts for delivery in Q1 of 2009 that clear via the NYMEX fell 16% today.
    That's why all the coal stocks got murdered.

#50     Jul 2, 2008