S&P500 E-minis

Discussion in 'Options' started by Buddy13, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Buddy13,

We are a spam-free Forum...it will not be possible to answer your post, unless one of our current sponsors have a room.

ES

#21     Jun 2, 2012
  2. On how many trades?

#22     Jun 2, 2012
  3. As many as it takes. As few as it takes. Watch me do it.:D

I don't make five every day, but i said i'm disappointed when i don't

#23     Jun 2, 2012
  4. Look, it's a good aspiration to have, but let's break it down.

If you knew you could average 5 points net per day, there would be no reason why you wouldn't trade a minimum of 20 contracts per trade, right? The ES can handle a 20 lot at almost any time of the day with no slippage.

That's ~$1.6 million/year pre-commission (I assume you are including Sundays. Heck, if I could make 5 points average on a Sunday, I wouldn't mind putting in a few hours to do it)

So, basically I read your message as claiming you make over $1.5 million/year trading the ES.

OK, sure.

#24     Jun 2, 2012
  5. Seriously, what is the stop on a 1 point profit target?:confused:

Considering you're down 1 tick + commiss instantly when the trade is placed.

#25     Jun 2, 2012
  6. The best way to trade the minis is to swing them with a large stop and a large target.

#26     Jun 2, 2012
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Really....you don't say, how much capital would you say say this takes?

Most posters on here have less than $2500 in a trading account and can only trade intra-day with a $500 performance bond.

#27     Jun 2, 2012
  8. ammo

ammo

trade sim for a while and get familiar with things, if you know so little, you won't understand half of what little they try to show you,there is plenty of free stuff out there, save your dough google trading naked

#28     Jun 2, 2012
  9. Buddy13

Buddy13

Anyone know of anywhere i can trade sim for free?

#29     Jun 3, 2012
  10. ammo

ammo