S&P500 E-minis

Discussion in 'Options' started by Buddy13, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Buddy13

Buddy13

Well knowing next to nothing about all this at the moment i just was not sure how realistic it was thats all. I am aware that there will be losing trades and that it could not be easy or everyone would be doing it. I am also aware that there are people making millions from it too though. It seems at first glance that the hardest thing would be to know when to stop, when to go and when to wait. The temptation to poss be able to make thousands in mins. It seems that not being able to control yourself or going in when you are not ready is why most people fail.

#11     Jun 2, 2012
  2. 1 ES point a day is alot. I'm up 40 ES points for 5 months.

#12     Jun 2, 2012
  3. Buddy13

Buddy13

Sorry when i said 1 point per night i did mean after coms and what not so yes obv the one point would end up being closer to 6 ticks to two points. But even so there are plenty of normal everyday people making a lot of money. The question was more along the lines of can it be done and not is it easy. I know it will not be easy and it will take a lot of research and hours staring at the screen trying to learn as much as i can. But i also think that sitting on your but for 8 hours a day staring at a screen in a 9 to 5 is crazy. Point being the chances of making any real money in the average 9 to 5 are almost zero. But the chances of making some real money day trading may be small but the chance is there if you put the hard yards in.

#13     Jun 2, 2012
  4. Buddy13

Buddy13

Failed trader your name would suggest otherwise. But if you have some real advice id love to hear it. Where did you learn and what room do you trade in?

#14     Jun 2, 2012
  5. Seriously? If 1 handle is a lot what do you consider is adequate, a tick?

I look to take for 5 handles/day

#15     Jun 2, 2012
  6. Buddy13

Buddy13

And how offten do you hit that target john?

#16     Jun 2, 2012
  7. Are you suggesting a single point profit per day is an outcome so great that few can meet?

#17     Jun 2, 2012
  8. Surdo

Surdo

Most under-capitalized traders WILL NOT average a point a day and will lose all of their capital first. If your target is a point, then what is your risk, two tics? You will be stopped out 95% of the time.

Do a poll on here.

#18     Jun 2, 2012
  9. Buddy13

Buddy13

Not at all. If you read my first post you will see that i am new to this and just looking to find out how realistic 1 point profit per night is. I would be more then happy with 1 point per night. 1 point is a hell of a lot depending on the number of contracts. I just figure that it is probably safer to up the number of contracts rather then the number of points you are chasing.

#19     Jun 2, 2012
  10. Buddy13

Buddy13

Now here is something helpful that makes sense to me. What would you suggest would be a smart amout to start out with?

#20     Jun 2, 2012