S&P will rally 20 points in the next 2 days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, May 17, 2006.

The S&P will rally to 1290 in the next 2 trading days

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Can I still vote if I lost all my money shorting from 1250 on up ?

4 vote(s)
    5.6%

1. even better why dont i just give you my life savings, after all if ya cant trust a guy on the internet who can ya trust :D

Do you take credit card BVAM???????:D

#21     May 18, 2006
  2. In your defense, it's a horrific bet to take the over. Removing today's vol from the equation and you're looking at 2 sigmas from here. I actually think we rally to 80-84 by Friday's close. SOX was relatively strong, among other internals.

Thanks for having the stones to respond. Good luck this week.

#22     May 18, 2006
  3. Adobian

Adobian

I called for a Slow rising for a week. They need to shake out all the puts that have been purchase. Then after the third Friday of the Month, when option expires, that's when to determine which direction market will go. If oil prices sustain at high level, bear market it is from here on out. The three days of steep losses indicates a reversal from here on out. It will form another lower top. Then correction continures unti 6 monthsl Bush goes out of the office.

#23     May 18, 2006
  4. bvam1

bvam1

Commission? Eh? Oh, did I fail to mention that?

As with all services my friend, there are always commissions. Nothing is free. Holding on to the money is an extra burden I don't really have to bear. Consider it a cost of carry if you will.

I normally take cash as there is no money trail, but for you guys I am willing to accept Credit Card.

#24     May 18, 2006

5. thx, you too man, dont know why but these last 2 days i was caught completely offgaurd by these down moves, ford clipped me for a gnote on wednesday which i managed to reverse and come back to 1300 and then today it got me bottom fishing for -1700,

sorry man im not much of a fundamentalist, do you think gold sell off/commodity selloff has to do with today???? i think market was all basically geared towards commodities anyways and that this weas a mear pullback, i am more than likely wrong when it comes to S&P though. but if ya want me to make a call take me up on the bottom on F

What really frustrated me about today is that on days like this i always take a look at the action on EMC, and today i remembered this bottom from almost 8 months ago without even looking at a chart, anyways picked my spot went long 5k and got stopped out righht before the nice move up, i think EMC is an excellent buy here too BTW for anyone who is overnight.

Only reason i do this is cause id like to manage a large overnight portfolio for myself and i try to track my calls, bottom line is if my call is wrong tomorrow and i get confirmation i will be shorting the piss out of F into the 52 week low.

anyways been nice chatting with ya risk arb good trading to ya tomorrow.

sorry one question though, 80-84 = S&P futures or S&P cash???

-Dan

#25     May 18, 2006
  6. Yeah, it seems that all comms are +corr with paper assets, which is a concern. An index decline on +500 ticks in Crude is expected and healthy. I get worried when every asset class sells-off.

Thanks for the tip on F; I will take a look first-thing.

The SOX bottomed mid-session and never retested the LOD. Bodes well for the next few days. I was talking about ES to 1284 by Friday.

Wish you luck with Ford tomorrow.

#26     May 18, 2006
  7. As with all services my friend, there are always commissions. Nothing is free. Holding on to the money is an extra burden I don't really have to bear. Consider it a cost of carry if you will.

[/B][/QUOTE]

ok, but you just got to take it on good fait from those old school carbon inprints:D , or i could put a cheque in thew mail =)

Man this quote sounds so familiar, pretty sure that was the one my broker gave to me after i had already daytraded 30 million shares of F in a month

:D

#27     May 18, 2006
  8. bvam1

bvam1

With the kind of money you spending on commissions so far, 5k is actually peanut to you. It's like giving a beggar a nickle for ...(what can one buy with a nickle?)

#28     May 18, 2006
  9. The one about the broker not informing me wqas a joke although itd be funny to see it happen at a cent a share, i trade with swift so i get free traades and trade like a market maker

#29     May 18, 2006
  10. oh and BTW was short GLD today at 70.15 for 1000 shares but bailed on it causde i pussied out about 10 minutes before open, was very rattled about that trade, the open i could have placed a market order for like 70 ticks, yesterday made about 700 on this thing then deccided to average dowwn a position, lol HORRIBLE MOVE!!!!!!!!gold doesnt seem to give a rats ass about bottom side or topside range, it snaps both on a regular basis. lost 1300 in a matter of minutes. on only like 10,000 shares

Note too rookies do not take the most volatile commodity in the market and average down, paid alot of money to learn that lesson:D

#30     May 18, 2006