S&P will be under 700 within days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by B. Rowshan, Nov 19, 2008.

S&P will be under 700 within a few days?

1. Incredibly, Yes it will

68 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. No it won't

83 vote(s)
    54.6%
  1. 15% drop in a few days is not gonna happen. we are oversold already.

in addition, Fed is gonna cut before option expiration to screw shorts.

#11     Nov 19, 2008
  2. And alot of good that will do.

Shorts screwed? Dreamin is free!!

#12     Nov 19, 2008
  3. poll only reinforces that I will be correct.

#13     Nov 19, 2008
  4. i don't see any such thread. did you dream it up too?

or is it under one of your usernames that is ignored by everyone because you made 100 incorrect predictions before finally getting one right?

#14     Nov 19, 2008
  5. I feel sorry for those who think that they can get rich overnight in this market. It's pretty risky and you need only be on the wrong side when there is a limit up or limit down and you're history.

Seen what happened in Germany with VW? Nice short squeeze; fortunately it was someone who could afford it and made the wrong bet. However he will have to sell off some of his most prized posessions....

Maria

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. doli

doli

S&P 500 bottomed out in the high 700s in the nasdaq/dotcom/9-11 decline. The reasons for this decline are more serious, so I will not be surprised to see it go lower. If you look at a long term chart of the S&P, you'll see that it could go into the 500-700 range and still be in a long term uptrend. That trend's slope increased in the 80s ... S&P at 500-700 is realistic. Don't buy -- invest -- 'tlll you see 666.

#16     Nov 19, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

What do ya want, a lollipop?

You guys remind me of the movie "ME, Myself and Irene".

#17     Nov 19, 2008
  8. i agree with the OP however not in the short term... i believe within in the next 6-7mos its possible to see 700...

#18     Nov 19, 2008
  9. Excellent analysis!!

You're seeing exactlly what i'm seeing. And may I add that it's always easy to spot the smart traders on here, and doli is obviously one of them.

#19     Nov 19, 2008
  10. it is worth noting that the volume of the SPY and DIA have not delcined at all. Infact, volume has been holding steady since October 10th, inspite a stagnant price.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=DIA&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=c&c=

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=spy&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=c&c=

Whta this means is that according to the symetry buying law a 'v' shaped rebound is still possible. The strong volume means the spooz and dow has the potential to surge 20% in just a week and regain all the recent losses.

If the volume evaporates then a 'v' shaped recovery isn't possible.

#20     Nov 19, 2008