S&P up 20% from November 21=What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kitty1996, Dec 17, 2008.

1. "According to some observers, a new bull market commenced Nov. 21 because the S&P has met the technical requirement of a 20% increase. If true, that fits the framework of market rebounds historically. That is, new bull markets typically occur at around the midpoint of a recession. Since the current recession is already one year old, we're at the midpoint if the recession lasts for another year"http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Youre-Witnessing-the-Stock-tsmp-13843471.html

What do you think? Is it right? I don't know...

2. its a bear market bounce.

3. nah, see I finished my big term paper on November 21st...that means the markets gonna crash...also cuz of how big the moon is...

seriously, you guys need to learn basic econometrics so you don't become so gullible.

4. When a market drops 50%, you need a 100% gain just to breakeven, so a 20% gain is only a one fifth retracement/

After a "normal" drop of 20%, a 20% gain is a one half retracement, which is significant.

But for this bear market, we need a 50% gain off the lows to be meaningful.

5. Santa Claus Rally

[​IMG]

Reality will return in January

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Reality? STFU will'ya, I'm in the middle of a fantasy here for Christ's sake.

:D

7. S2007S

S2007S

This is a bear market rally is all it is, this recession will be deeper and longer than any other recession on record. Do not think for a second that a new bull market is going to emerge.

8. pmann

pmann

MRDODGE ....I do believe that was the best post I have seen in 6 months