S&P touching 800's again?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 8, 2010.

1. I am seeing ultra high IV on a select basket of stocks, Last time I saw such high 80+ implied volatility was before we had the S&P crash to 800 and under.

I wonder if in the next few days you will see a mass pullout of equities and people trying to get safe. No one is going to feel comfortable having a margin balance when a stocks could post insane prints causing portfolio liquidations at the most inopportune times.

I think Monday will bring a mass exodus as people will no longer trust the market process and fear a worse melt down.

I say stick your 5 buck bids on stocks you want to own, you might end up getting filled.

2. I like :)

I'm all cash sitting here. Its impossible for price action to fall to 800 and stop in the middle of 1200 and 600. Not like 800 will have support
    price it will take out 500 if we do fall that much , that will be a good buy.

3. ammo

ammo

spx longterm

4. ammo

ammo

same chart reduced,there is a line at 1055-60,that was thursdays support,the next one is apprx 1038 and then 950,there is a cycle date on may 22 ,should be an interesting 2 weeks

5. Haha, looks like it will hit 700. Thanks for posting that chart. :)

6. ssaya401

ssaya401

wow nice find, thanks.

I'm a little worried the government will pump it up though.