S & P stats ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by regough, Mar 10, 2003.

1. man

man

uptik
    I think crable was really ahead at his time in the late eigthies. this stuff is not ahead now i guess ... but who knows

peace

#11     Mar 10, 2003
  2. regough

regough

Thank-you for the caution and you make some very timely points- I will consider myself adequately warned:(

#12     Mar 10, 2003
  3. there is a stat that also says that whatever direction the SP market takes between 1:00 - 1:30pm EST is the direction of where the market will close at 4:15pm EST. unfortunately, this correlation is only about 61% and does not take into account the 'size' of the move. so as in the beforementioned example, being right 61% of the time is great, but the losses could easily outweight the gains over time if proper money management and stops are not implemented.

Pete

#13     Mar 10, 2003
  4. Error from me:

http://www.chartware.de/

chose chart analysis then statistics

#14     Mar 10, 2003
  5. I am often amazed at how many things some of you consider in your trading.

I only consider what has happened in terms of price action just before the market opened, and what's happening from 9:30 to 3:45 (sometimes later if in a position into the close) - that's it.

After all, the price is a reflection of everyone's opinions at the moment.

So far my narrow sightedness has paid off handsomely and it appears with a lot less work.

I guess since I consider none of the other stuff I have time to read all this stuff.

#15     Mar 10, 2003
  6. It really depends on the data set you use... also the market condition.

If you consider the whole, there should be more up days like 60/40. But... based on points moved, it should be 55/45

#16     Mar 10, 2003
  7. I'd also say the morning hours cannot be depended on but the latter hours are significant of the closing trend.

#17     Mar 10, 2003
  8. EliteThink, very nice point...

#18     Mar 10, 2003