S&P looks good to a new high

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Romeo, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any thoughts on the volume. Seems like engine is currently running on vapors. When volume returns, will the real direction be established?

#51     Aug 19, 2003
  2. Romeo

Romeo

and give it the respect it deserves.

Who wants to make a prediction as to how high the S&P can go?

#52     Aug 21, 2003
  3. Romeo

Romeo

The light volume means that volatility is sure to pick up in the near future. Light volume can be viewed in many ways, and is a bullish indicator at this moment.

#53     Aug 21, 2003
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Yep. Sellers boycott. Buyers chasing scarcity. The old adage "Never sell a quiet market."

#54     Aug 21, 2003
  5. Romeo

Romeo

Look at the amount of intelligence and the quantity of pristine analysis that went into some of the responses here on this thread.

A thread like this deserves praise!

#55     Aug 29, 2003
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Praise indeed! The next three weeks this stuff really ramps.

#56     Aug 29, 2003
  7. Romeo

Romeo

Yes, that is true!

But here at ET, you can tell people what's going to happen and they'll still lose. Watch and see how many disgruntled ET veterans we get at SPX 1025.

#57     Aug 29, 2003
  8. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Good call Romeo. Seems like we're taking out the highs. I'm still cautious of the lighter volume that brought us here. Hopefully we get to tackle resistance in the 1070 to 1080 zone. I'll be very thankful once we get through the weekend, and see a real trend in the indvidual equites :)

#58     Aug 29, 2003
  9. Romeo

Romeo

It's too bad there's only a select few here with the grapefruits to own up to these fine calls. I'll take the eerie silence by ET regulars as another set of notches on my belt.

But 1070 and 1080? I don't think it's going that high!

#59     Aug 30, 2003

10. Romeo, Romeo.. whyfore art thou such a braggart?

J/kidding. :D

I know you like to have fun with the good folks at ET.

You bring up a good point though. Here's a thread dealing with (and thus far, but let's not speak too soon, correctly calling) maybe the most important factor -- the direction of "the big M" (the market) -- and yet everyone's still busy as ever trading "what I see" and only caring about "the next five minutes" and picking "the 'right' stock to scalp". :)

#60     Aug 30, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.