s&p just made intermediate term top on 11/22

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Nov 27, 2006.

Did the S&P make an interediate term top @ 1407.9?

1. yes, I agree

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. no, you are wrong thorn

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. I don't know / go away thorn

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. Well, to use this Poker's expression, Thorn is "all in" with his call of an intermediate term top and leaving ET if it fails.
    With the current market's action, S&P about only 10 points away from the top, it is going to be a close call, whith end of the month "window dressing". I would not be surprised to see the market hit the top, squeeze a little more, then retract early December.
    Does not look like a good place to be "all-in" at this time. But, obviously, this is only for pure entertainment. I don't think Thorn is actually "all-in" with his trading money.

#31     Nov 29, 2006
  2. thorn

thorn

ACM, well said. You are correct, I am not trading at all this week, as I have a more important thing in my life to tend to. But I stand by my "all in" call for ET purposes. I wouldn't make a call like this if I didn't believe in it. I'm just unable to trade on it this week.

#32     Nov 29, 2006
  3. well mr. thorn, it appears that Mr. Volente and his groupies bought the highs again.

Good day to you sir.

#33     Nov 29, 2006
  4. thorn

thorn

Hey Mr. Jackbyrd. I'd be surprised if anyone is dumb enough to follow bozo. his 1 lots and 2 pt stops are quite influential though! Of course, bozo is going to pull an obscure post from an obscure thread to show he sold s&p 1399 today. He always sells the top, after the fact!

#34     Nov 29, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

Like I said you jinxed my shorts early this morning with this damn call. But I don't give up easily, and no I did not sell at 1399, I shorted a bit early and caught 1 point of heat but it turned out to be a good day. How much did you make today on that fantasy 2 day late top call that marked the exact short term bottom ?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64965&perpage=6&pagenumber=915

#35     Nov 29, 2006
  6. I fail to understand this incessant unmitigated penchant to short this market.

It's a BULL market. You buy all the dips, until it stops working. Why do you people make trading so complicated! :D

#36     Nov 29, 2006
  7. thorn

thorn

bozo, i don't know why RM has you on ignore, i love reading your stupidity! Oh, let's not compare how much each of us makes, its like comparing apples to peas. Like i've said, i most definitely make more on a good day then you have in your entire account. I guarantee that.

#37     Nov 29, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

LOL, if that was true you, why would you be on a message board trying to boost your fragile ego in front of anonymous posters ? I'll meet you in manhattan anytime you want just so you can prove me wrong if you wanna bet. Btw use some of that 12 figure hedge fund software and see how many companies are up for the year in the S&P.

#38     Nov 29, 2006
  9. Thorny, long time no speak...I joined the bull market (reluctacnly) beginning of September... been bearish for a few weeks, but stayed long... Now is the time to get out in my humble opionion...u will be proven right

#39     Nov 29, 2006
  10. sorry spelled reluctantly wrong kids

#40     Nov 29, 2006