s&p just made intermediate term top on 11/22

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Nov 27, 2006.

Did the S&P make an interediate term top @ 1407.9?

1. yes, I agree

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. no, you are wrong thorn

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. I don't know / go away thorn

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. I have a question for the bulls, and I'm being serious:

Is this rally sustainable based on pure liquidity, economic fundamentals, or both, in your opinion?

Thanks.

#111     Dec 5, 2006
  2. No clue. Don't care. I just trade my systems, according to tested simple criteria. The more I analyze/rationalize, the less money I make and viceversa.

#112     Dec 5, 2006
  3. Im serial about this

The rally is sutained on fundementals mainly, as well as jesus. And there is a bubble building that will eclipse the one in 2000 by around 2013

#113     Dec 5, 2006
  4. :confused:

wtf?

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Google's going to $1400???

#114     Dec 5, 2006
  5. Yes, I have no doubt you're serial.:D

#115     Dec 5, 2006
  6. patoo

patoo

Exactly..I get nailed when I predict or pay attention to predictions.

#116     Dec 5, 2006
  7. This is why I use systems (3). My systems deal with WHAT is happening. My brain deals with the WHY. But, as Neuroscience teaches us, our brain is not wired to trade well.
    So, at last, I learned how to optimize this combination. I use my brain to develop ideas and test them thru system development. Then, I let the systems do the thinking (or the lack of) and trade them.
    Then, I enjoy the chats on ET, with an agnostic mind. Some bulls/bears arguments are very articulate but they don't impact my systems, not based on opinions but simple trading rules.

#117     Dec 5, 2006
  8. Exactly. You need 3 systems. One each for bullish,bearish, and choppy markets.

#118     Dec 5, 2006
  9. He just nailed the entire crux of what seperates a successfull trader with longevity in this game from a talented burn-out and the masses of wannabes who will never quite figure it out.

JJ

#119     Dec 5, 2006
  10. Do you really trade choppy markets?

Bad R:R, and boring to look at to boot.

I'll take medium to strong trend, up and down days myself.

JJ

#120     Dec 5, 2006