s&p just made intermediate term top @ 1326.7

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, May 11, 2006.

Did the s&p top out @ 1326.7 ?

1. Yes, I agree

63 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. No, it will go higher soon

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. not sure

14 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. volente_00

volente_00

Made 1 trade today from the long side from 1304 to 1308. Yesterday I gave you 2 points. Next week ?

:)

#51     May 12, 2006
  2. thorn

thorn

Pulease. Your $5K account was emptied today, and thanks for the dollars.

For a guy screaming over and over that the s&p would hit 1330, the losses you talk about today sound very, very suspiciously low.

That's remarkable, b/c I was screaming that a top was in place from yesterday, and I made about 3-4% today!!

So which is it? Are you lying when you make a prediction, or are you lying when you tell us about how you traded it? It's either one or the other

#52     May 12, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Do you always trade with 17 point stops ?

#53     May 12, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

#54     May 12, 2006
  5. thorn

thorn

volente, using all his honor and integrity, creates a fake quote:

Isn't this the actual quote by me?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66964&perpage=6&pagenumber=32

4th post on above page.

#55     May 12, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

I was only copying your example in the previous message. Why are you avoiding the question ? Do you always trade with 17 point stops bird ?

#56     May 12, 2006
  7. thorn

thorn

After volente gets burned badly on his latest horrific bottom call:

Oh please tell me this is a joke. This bozo comes on to the "trading" section and posts endless threads about how much he makes. And when he's immediately proven wrong we get this?

"Oh, I only trade for 2 points, and all of my short term bottom calls, were just calls. No way am I putting real dollars behind my calls." If ET is all about predictions that are not traded, that's a sad joke. I know my predictions are backed with major $$ investments by me. What's the sense otherwise?

#57     May 13, 2006
  8. thorn

thorn

Given the "prediction" imposters on this site, I feel I must say the following. Whenever I make a top or bottom call, you can be guaranteed that I am backing that call with my money, and whomever has entrusted their money to me. I stand by all of my future predictions with my own green. Isn't that the only reason to have an actionable market idea? I don't play fantasy trading.

#58     May 13, 2006
  9. You will know wether or not my money is were my mouth is after next week. I guarantee it.

#59     May 13, 2006
  10. thorn

thorn

Good night s&p index. That is an intermediate top at 1326.7. s&p won't see that level again for many, many months.

This is the week that the "buy and hold" system, or "buy the dip" system will be proven wrong. I expect major pain for anyone long anything.

I hope that in the true spirit of ET, all those perma-bulls who dismissed the notion that the market could correct itself so quickly, 5% or 10% or more, come on this thread and admit they lost and were wrong.

#60     May 14, 2006