S&P isn't the problem, Term Limits is the problem.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jackpearson, Aug 6, 2011.

1. And then what?

Do you really seriously believe "the elite" won't simply find another way?

Seriously?

They can Rule The World but they won't be able to figure out a way around term limits?

Seriously?

This starts and ends with voters making better choices. There's nothing new here. The Romans said it 2000 years ago - bread and circuses is the inevitable end game for democracies. Not much to be done except enjoy the ride as best as we can.

#31     Aug 6, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Yes, I seriously believe that term limits is a no-brainer.

#32     Aug 6, 2011
  3. That's not what I asked.

Do you really believe that people motivated and smart enough to "rule the world" are going to have the slightest problem getting around term limits?

#33     Aug 6, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

The post office will have to be bailed out. It's essential. who else will process and deliver junk mail for a few pennies. :D

#34     Aug 6, 2011
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Wait a minute here. Why do you think the voters will be any better at choosing the replacements?..

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/4/8/unity.jpg

#35     Aug 6, 2011
  6. You put it better than I did.

:)

Thanks.

#36     Aug 6, 2011
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The post office is essential. Send anything by UPS lately?

Very very expensive. Without the USPS the economy will be harmed, no question about it.

#37     Aug 6, 2011
  8. It's not about choosing the replacements- it's about the politicians putting the country first instead of worrying about being re-elected first.

#38     Aug 6, 2011
  9. That's a fantasy, term limits or not. It will never happen, humans simply don't operate that way. Never have, never will.

#39     Aug 6, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I remember, little bit different situations though. But point taken.

#40     Aug 6, 2011