S&P isn't the problem, Term Limits is the problem.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jackpearson, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Irresponsible idiots in Congress & the White House who have the public's trust that they'll run the country financially in a responsible manner & who have abused that trust & trashed the country's finances & refuse to do anything other than token amounts to bring the country's finances back into balance.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

We do desperately need term limits. Unbelievably though there are those opposed to the idea, and it's not just the politicians.

3. BSAM

BSAM

The people don't have trust in the Congress. Why do they keep voting for them over and over and over???:confused:

4. Try voting for a third party candidate. I did that for years and see where that got me.

The only solution that I can think of is to pull a Gandhi. 100,000,000 people sitting down in the streets of the capital until they pass laws that will stop the corruption.

Elections won't work and neither will violence.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

That does sum it up nicely.

6. This should help:eek: NOT! Jesus, this country is a mess.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Postal Service posted a net loss of $3.1 billion in its third quarter and warned again it would default on payments to the federal government if Congress did not step in.

Total mail volume for the quarter that ended June 30 fell to 39.8 billion pieces, a 2.6 percent drop from the same period a year earlier, as consumers turn to email and pay bills online.

The mail carrier, which does not get taxpayer funds, has struggled to overhaul its business as mail volumes fall. It has said personnel costs weigh heavily and is facing a massive retiree health benefit prepayment next month.

"We are experiencing a severe cash crisis and are unable to continue to maintain the aggressive prepayment schedule," Joseph Corbett, the agency's chief financial officer, said in a statement.

7. BSAM

BSAM

Most brain-dead Americans would tell you that you wasted your vote. The opposite is the truth. They wasted their vote! You can stand proud, knowing you were the one who was awake at the voting precinct!

I like your Gandhi idea. Could make a difference.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Violence will work. Always has and always will.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

* Stupidity

* The two party system, Americans like to root for and support their "team" no matter what.

* Third party candidates often seem unelectable, becoming a self fulfilling prophecy

* Even more stupidity, there are many who actually like having the same corrupt incompetent idiots in office term after term decade after decade

10. Ya know, I kinda like the massive protest idea, but it would have to be MASSIVE and of some considerable length in duration. And if they don't do anything for a week or two, you've got tens of millions on hand to storm the capital and burn it to the f'n ground. What they gonna' do, kill everybody?
    At this point I'm in, but not form some silly couple hundred thousand. I'm talking tens of millions ready to stay as long as it takes, do whatever it takes and lay it all on the line.

#10     Aug 6, 2011