S&P: higher or lower next 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by giraffe, Mar 19, 2006.

Will the S&P go higher or lower into Fed rate change?

1. It will be higher than 1307 by end of March

13 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. It will be lower than 1307 by end of March

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. this is funny/ this is ridiculous/ this is stupid

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. giraffe

giraffe

At the end of the month, the Fed is raising rates once again. I don't think the market will like what the Fed minutes say, but i've been wrong before. I was wondering what ET thought.

2. giraffe

giraffe

3. exactly bird..

I love 100% up room to go!!

4. ===============

Exactly EqtTrader, giraffe, 100% up room to go;
    not a prediction however,
    and actually my statement of probabilities does apply to next 20 days.:cool:

NasdaQQQ, NQ looks notably weaker;
    & has trouble staying above its 50dma for long.

5. Rates are expected to rise , so that would likely be partly priced in, oil hasn't decreased as much as some say it should've,housing is slowing somewhat- the market still goes up.

On the flip side there a lot of mergers and buyouts, I.P.O s - that sort of activity is causing at least some positive market moves.

Autos aren't doing as good recently and are planning job cuts but AT&T has grown and are also planning 10 000 job cuts- grow or shrink i think good paying jobs will be tougher to find.

Personally I think manufacturing will have supplied the market pretty soon- I think the number for consumer debt is at 2.18 trillion-
    a little bearish here temporarily, but every house has its troubles now and then

6. giraffe

giraffe

I don't know about 100%, but the preponderance of bearish sentiment leads me to feel the market will churn higher into the Fed decision.

7. giraffe

giraffe

More wall of worry to climb.

8. giraffe

giraffe

I think the market will churn higher into next week's announcement. It will probably be over 1307 by next tuesday.

9. cnms2

cnms2

Actually 100% room is downwards, upwards the sky's the limit ...

One thought: usually the Nadaq leads the market, and the Semis lead the Nasdaq. If these were to confirm now, direction isn't up.

The pre-earnings season is around the corner, and this will probably shape the market.

As always, don't neglect your risk management!

#10     Mar 20, 2006