S&P getting killed afterhours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krt, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Mike777

Mike777

I wonder if the Fed will cut rates today?

I bet they shave a temporary .25% off the rate just for the fun of it.

This would scare the market as it would imply things are really bad. Then the turks would step in with some cheap overnight loans and start buying. And then big corps would be rushing out to get some free money and start buying up their own stock and those of competitors who they want to take over. And then CNBC will go back on 'RECOVERY WATCH' and everyone will say it's a perfect technical double bottom blah blah and of course we predicted it and had ourselves nicely hedged but our fund is down 87% year to date.

Or, the markets hit zero by friday and CNBC gets taken over by Disney and we can all drink beer and watch cartoons instead.:D :D

#61     Jun 26, 2002
  2. sounds like a plan. did you email AG to run it by him?

#62     Jun 26, 2002
  3. which reminds me....days like these will rouse the likes of George, Julian, Sir John and the like...I think.

#63     Jun 26, 2002
  4. Anyone have today's fair value? HLCamp hasn't updated.

#64     Jun 26, 2002
  5. moffitt

moffitt

Mike 777
    There will be no shortage of bull on CNBC today as you have said. Abbie Joseph and Joe Bats could be whipped out how it's DOW 12,000 by year end. Or some other dopes telling you to buy long term. A long term investor in WCOM will never see their money back. Just like that contest on CNBC. Those people
    like Ned Riley are down big. But when they come on it's the long term....
    :cool:

#65     Jun 26, 2002