S&P getting killed afterhours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krt, Jun 25, 2002.

1. trdrmac

trdrmac

Wild does not even begin to sum it up. Intermediate Bonds have held up pretty well. Junk, and Emerging Markets have gotten killed. Although they did rally just a little today, for what that is worth.

It almost seems funny that there was a time many moons ago where I wished I had loaded up on more CSCO at 8.75 (split adjusted). I think it was 97 when I sold WMT to buy INTC and CSCO. probably would have been better if I had just held the WMT since that is where I have to shop these days.

#51     Jun 26, 2002
  2. you know you're in a depression when you're shopping at walmart. what an experience.

like home depot, they make themselves ubiquitous.

I want to make sure i'm not misunderstood. I despise walmart.

#52     Jun 26, 2002
  3. moffitt

moffitt

It sounds like you gents are still trading somewhere. I am curious as to where you are seeing all this after hours trading??
    Could this bring about a big nasty washout??
    :cool:

#53     Jun 26, 2002
  4. I'm watching Globex quotes but not trading.

Surely we are a coupla hundred points closer to a washout than we were at 4pm est.:p

#54     Jun 26, 2002
  5. dis

dis

I put a limit order for DIA @ 85.06 . I think I have a chance of getting filled tomorrow.

#55     Jun 26, 2002
  6. trdrmac

trdrmac

Moffit here is a link for after hours futures quotes.

http://www.cme.com/httpwrapper.cfm?...y_quotes/10min_globex_flash_quote/gflash.html

I will warn you, unless you are one of those people who likes to see train wrecks it aint pretty tonight.

There are probably markets trading, I just spend a few hours each night reviewing my charts after the market closes.

Personally I could see a short rally if people get too short. There are a lot of indicators that are getting close to Sept 11 levels on the market. Like my how many times I check the help wanted ads index. And my who's giving the best coupons this week index. But the thing about indicators is that I would rather see them diverge from support or resistance. Since we have taken out major support, it is anyone's guess.

#56     Jun 26, 2002
  7. moffitt

moffitt

Thanx guys......I couldn't sleep so I thought I would read some threads. You boys peaked my interest with those quotes. I guess it should be a humdinger in the morning. But of course the talking heads of CNBC will screw everyone in conversation as usual..
    They have all the answers. Most of it wrong . But what the hay..
    Sure glad I listened to them pound the table on how I should buy GE after Bill Gross knocked the stock. Or how Cramer said TYC was a great buy. Being this smart maybe I should run right out and buy David Fabers book??? On the other hand maybe I should just go to bed. Enjoy reading your stuff.

#57     Jun 26, 2002
  8. On the contrary, very pretty. Shorted nq at 1058.5 in the am. It has been a while since I made so much in one day.

#58     Jun 26, 2002
  9. Kymar, I missed your post earlier, I was too busy yapping. Thank you for the input and the charts. Perfect.

#59     Jun 26, 2002
  10. trdrmac

trdrmac

Chas, you would rembembe better than I. I remember two Bakers that screwed up. Both named Jim. Own was something like two blanks a blank and a blank. The other had people send him money so he could spend it on women and wine. Other than that in 87 I was worried about working in the good station at Denny's and putting all the non-tippers in my friend Dave's station.

#60     Jun 26, 2002