S&P getting killed afterhours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krt, Jun 25, 2002.

1. yeah that's handy isn't it? I just found out about that last week...

my crude quote has been acting wierd lately... to you follow it?

#41     Jun 25, 2002
  2. i watch crude - seems to be working ok

#42     Jun 25, 2002
  3. k. mine seems to freeze alot. I take AT off the 'net. Yesterday it sat at +.15 for the longest time.

#43     Jun 25, 2002
  4. trdrmac

trdrmac

I did not, but I do know that Jack Grubworm came out and downgraded WCON. Wow talk about a prescient call. He got me out just in time. I was holding from $60 to $0.60 but needed to hear that it was really time to get out from the mighty Jack.

No networks on my buy list, a few closed end bond funds is about it. The only diversified stock index that I could find holding its 200 ma is IJS which I added as a hedge to my shorts today, but if it holds tomorrow I would be surprised.

By the way, PM me when you get your mailbox cleaned up I have a few book recs for you.

#44     Jun 25, 2002
  5. k. i didn't know it was full again. I see bonds up 2+...this is one wild market.

President Bush hinted that there will be no intervention on the $...some say it reminds them of Baker in 1987...

#45     Jun 25, 2002
  6. PKJR

PKJR

#46     Jun 25, 2002
  7. right in the ball park on dow futures...

#47     Jun 26, 2002
  8. Kymar

Kymar

Much past -50 would be limit down, wouldn't it? -49 (where it is right now at 2047 PST) is already -4.77 %.

Good thing they raised the limits, eh what?

If the NDX trades to around here, that would fill a gap from early '98. At this moment it looks to blast through notional support levels just under 1000, and then around 988. Onthotherhand, we've seen a lot of afterhours sell-offs and mega-rallies go nowhere the next day, and we haven't had a major gap down on the NDX that just kept on going in the same direction since April, I don't think.

And then there's the FOMC - CW is that it doesn't matter this time around...

Anyway, it'll be interesting from a theoretical perspective to see if and how the index respects all those levels from '96 - '98 that now appear potentially at issue. '99 and '98 levels continually came into play sometimes within a few points, throughout the great Bringdown...

So here's a couple charts, jic you weren't able to find what you were looking for...

#48     Jun 26, 2002
  9. Kymar

Kymar

Odds favor buying the reaction, at least for daytrading purposes... timing it correctly is something else entirely... Actually, I think that there are more reasonable alternatives - like maybe freebasing cocaine... which is probably what I'll be doing during the first half-hour (like most mornings)...

#49     Jun 26, 2002
  10. I am officially surprised.

#50     Jun 26, 2002