S&P Gann Angles + Gann Box

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Ceci, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Well, you know how I trade:D

And you are right, running your chart through each Master square is time consuming. I am too lazy most of the time.:mad:

CeCe, if you are reading this, you are using one aspect of the Gann angles, and this is not nearly enough to determine the change of trend. Gann says that you must use ALL of the rules.

Regards
    Oddi

#21     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Ceci,

I told you what was wrong without telling you how to fix it. That is a bad habit here on ET that I am not going to start doing, as there is plenty of pie for everyone, in spite of what some might tell you here.

You need to use the spiral square of nine, Master twelve, and circle of 360 chart to find postive correlation.

This is in addition using the angles from the major tops and bottoms, as well as the angles from natural turing points.

Finally, as WD mentioned, please make sure that your chart is squared.

#22     Feb 12, 2004
  3. Ceci

Ceci

Oddi,

I can apply on my chart Murrey M. EFS and to have harmonic octave (I think you meant this wen you spoke about Master twelve)

I made your chart INDU Daily and I got the same as you made using time frame 32 and a Gann Box 215, is it correct?

The tool MM gives me the chance to use time frame 8-16-32-64-128. Which one of these is better to use in daily and weekly chart?

Could you look at these charts, and let me know your remarks?

Thank you.

P.S.: Thank you for your post

#23     Feb 14, 2004
  4. Ceci

Ceci

S&P

#24     Feb 14, 2004
  5. Ceci

Ceci

Hi Bufferman,

yes I use Ensign. It is cheap and works very well. Me too I use almost esclusively Fib. in my trading.

Good luck.

#25     Feb 14, 2004
  6. If you draw enough of these lines...... one of em' ought to work!

Michael B.

#26     Feb 14, 2004
  7. Ahhh yes, a common knock of Gann. The angles themselves are reinforced when they cross. This represents the convergence of different moving averages in the same point in time. Individual lines other than the 45 degree line from zero have no real meaning other than the tracking of these averages.

Again, Gann states that you must use ALL of the rules.

Regards
    Oddi

#27     Feb 14, 2004
  8. The master twelve is the square of twelve. Murrey lines are Gann's division of the the square of ten into 8ths.

Time is all important in Gann, so I would need to know where these boxes are anchored, before I can comment. Are they based on natural time cycles, and if so which one?

Or are they based on a significant low or high?

Regards
    Oddi

#28     Feb 14, 2004
  9. Ceci

Ceci

Oddi,
    maybe it is better for me to start from the simple things, from the main low.
    From the main low I looked for which square had a correspondence with the bear angle from the same low (how suggested by WDGann). This square is 458.
    My software does not allow me to have any squared chart, but , I think that starting ex. from the main low I can draw it applying Gann box with the same high and wise (ex. 144 high 144 wise).
    For the moment I do not know what do you mean for and how to anchore on natural time cycles. How do you calculate the time factor?

I am looking for documents about, but I found thousand of references, I need time to read them.

The last thing: I have also ensign software and it allows you to chose the scale, and among the options ther is "square chart", but I have to set the relevant high, low, Interval and Pts/bar, and I am not able to do it. Any suggestions?

If it is too long and you can not answer please give me some links or other references for documents that I could read and study.

Thank you for your patience and good luck for your trading

PS
    From somewhere I have to start, the most important is to progress

#29     Feb 15, 2004
  10. Ceci

Ceci

Oddi, look at this "Time and price"

Mean high 1552 of 03/24/00
    Mean low 768 of 10/10/02 = 638 day of trading

+ 339 = 977 (monday 02.16.04)

mean high 1058

#30     Feb 15, 2004