S&P Gann Angles + Gann Box

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Ceci, Feb 11, 2004.

1. The chart is pitched wrong... :( ...

The angle from the top should be steeper...

Also, forget the first 2 tops after the extreme top of the chart. That's part of the previous cycle's snap back...

Also, look at the time factor...

Another would be to have the pitched angles confirmed with the Sq. of 9...

Final tip would be to confirm your angles by drawing a Bear Angle from the lower bottoms...

... For this chart instances, there's "at least" 4 1x1 pitch aka separate cycles that influences the charts...

Good luck with your studies....

:D

#11     Feb 12, 2004

2. The same could be said of would be Gann traders. He clearly states that all rules should be used all the time. Sq of 9 is only ONE rule, for example. Gann angles is only ONE rule. When a Gann cluster is formed, using ALL the rules, the results can be very dramatic.

Another quick point about scaling. A 45 degree angle is just one unit of price per unit of time. Rectangles and paralleograms are just distorted squares, as long as it is one unit of price per unit of time, is it a 45 degree angle.

Regards
    Oddi

#12     Feb 12, 2004
  3. If he is using 360 from the top, he should be using the square of 19, not the square of nine, for confirmation.

Regards
    Oddi

#13     Feb 12, 2004
  4. Ceci

Ceci

Oddiduro,

I have only Gann Box (I use it with Fixed Increment only sometime Free Form), Gann Angles and Time & Price Squares and sometime a use Gann Wheel. Please see this other chart.

WDGann
    I think my chart is correct, please let me see your chart.

#14     Feb 12, 2004
  5. Ceci

Ceci

Time & Price

#15     Feb 12, 2004
  6. Sq. of 9... Sq. of Odds... aka Gann Wheel... aka Spiral chart

LOL... I havent' read Gann's book for at least an year... He he he...

Oddi... you're now officially ET's Gann Expert... :D :D :D

#16     Feb 12, 2004
  7. :D

If you think it's correct then why ask about it in this forum? LOL...

You're funny. Eventually, you were looking for people to confirm your charts rather than have them critisized. It's easy to laugh at guys who have no idea about the analysis but once you get a critical analysis of your post, you get defensive and try to protect your ego....

Anyways, good luck with your trading. Hope it goes well.

Ciao :D

#17     Feb 12, 2004
  8. Nice to know that you know the alternate names to ONE square of nine. :)

But the Permanent Square of 19 would be better.

Regards
    Oddi

#18     Feb 12, 2004
  9. Is that ensign you are using? I agree the gartley/butterfly patterns work, but I am not too sure about Gann. I tried using it with wave59 but it was useless for me. Rather the wave59 spiked my interest in fibonacci trading and I've been trading fibs ever since. Also take a look at prime lines.

#19     Feb 12, 2004
  10. Ha ha ha... the Sq. of 19... this is the basis of Natural Squares.

This shit works on almost everything... C'mon you know better... Once you start using Sq. 19, "ALL" (I hate saying "ALL" but for Gann Analysts, it seems like the niche) rules connect... rather than "use" "ALL". They're all related, you know...

This is regardless of using 360 from the top or not.... :D

But I'm surprised that someone, other than myself and few others, understands the importance and knows how to apply the Perm Chart of 19.

Considering that 361 on the 9th phase of the Wheel and getting full Sq. on the Perm. It's faster to get the pitch from the Wheel than the Perm Charts.... Also, you'll have a hard time finding the multiple underlying cycles with the Perm Charts... it just takes too much time... Mind as well skip the Hexagon and all the other stuff from the Nine Yards... The results are the same... unless you want to do some annual forecasting or some time consuming shit... yeah... you need to get everything organized... :(

Anyways hands up, Oddi :D

#20     Feb 12, 2004