S&P Expert sees more downside to come

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Port1385, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Man, lol just a 1 thought machine, aren't you?

#11     Apr 22, 2008
  2. Where are the fundamentals "good"?

GE had some smashing results......

Anyone in Ag, Oil, and other commodities. Tech some. That's where you should be long.

however UAUA is hanging by a thread. If you'd clean up your act maybe you'd make some money.

#12     Apr 22, 2008
  3. lescor

lescor

Anyone who's truly a "S&P Expert" would be making a good living trading, not working as an employee of some company and holding the title of equity analyst.

Like that saying, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach". In trading it's "Those who can, trade. Those who can't, tell others how to trade or try to sell them something"

#13     Apr 22, 2008
  4. I dunno dude. Gas prices over here are 4 dollars+ per gallon and it does appear to have an obvious effect on the local economy.

1) The roads dont seem as crowded as they were a year or so ago.

2) On weekends, you dont see as many people out and about. Weeknights are practically dead.

3) Most of my buddies report that in their respective businesses things have slowed to a crawl.

4) The local highway patrol seems to be binging on ticket giving as the state is running out of cash from not as many taxes in the bin this year.

5) The food store prices are out of this world.

6) Real estate prices have dropped about 30%.

7) Most of the conference calls seem to tell a story of economic weakness i.e. GE. Some airlines are merging or declaring bankruptcy.

8) Reports of lay-offs everywhere.

9) How high will oil go? 125? 150? The OIH is starting to look like Google in its early years.

10) Certain car dealers in my area have either shut-down or scaled back operations. All of them appear slow and never any customers.

All of the above doesnt bode well for anyone but the oil companies. The consumer is no longer out there meaning less electronics being purchased, less of everything being purchased.

Im not certain how the indexes can go higher. The reason why they havent fallen in the abyss is because of a lot of juicing by Bernanke, Bush, Paulson and the Fed.

#14     Apr 22, 2008
  5. Anyone who's truly a guru should beat you know who: ME. :)

Check my thread of April 21 in trading section,and check also all my trading threads on stock market prediction. My rate so far is: 100%.

Can anyone beat 100%?

Link to my lastest prediction is here http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125338

BTW: the real pros who give the prediction should it while the market is still going up. It should be within the day when the market is going up for the last day (or going down for the last day). That is the only true prediction which tradeable for exits and reversals, and that is the only preduction I provide. The rest of the predictions are easy, and some are not that useful.

#15     Apr 22, 2008
  6. Um GE is just one exception for what has been a pretty decent quarter thus far. Google for example had great numbers. Caterpillar and Citi also had good numbers.

#16     Apr 22, 2008
  7. The market's under valued. Period.

#17     Apr 23, 2008
  8. One of the worst credit crisises in history is only worth about 6% on the S&P?

Damn, lets have a credit crunch every year.

#18     Apr 23, 2008

9. Do you realize how much has been done since this death cross ? ( where 200 and 50 day cross). Do you realize that price is above 50 day and about to penetrate 200 day nullifying this omen? Do you know Feds are standing by to push the market higher and the game is rigged to the upside?

Secondly can't compare 2002 with 2008. Lot has changed. This was an imaginary recession not a real one.

#19     Apr 23, 2008

10. Do you realize he is acting as a fortune teller? There is no real substance but his reality predicting events unknown!

There were other idiots who predicted this economic hiccup was like the great depression of 1929? LOL!

#20     Apr 23, 2008