S&P emini futures signal for eSignal

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Gcapman, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

It used to be ES Z9...

Can someone tell me what the new symbol is?

Thnx

2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

ES is still the underlying symbol and Z9 represents Dec 2009. You're most likely looking for ES H0 (for March 2010). Alternately, you can use the continuous symbol ES #F and that'll always use the front month from a price action standpoint.

Fast_Trader: nice demo!

Thanks.

3. rickty

rickty

eSignal Support,

Can you answer a question for me? I have a QCharts subscription (I've had it for many years). I have three computers in my trading room at home but I can only access the QCharts data feed on only one machine at a time. If I try to run QCharts simultaneously on different machines (which are inches away from each other) QCharts will disconnect. I am only running a few emini symbols so I don't use up much bandwidth. Is there something I can do to allow multiple access to QCharts data feed for PCs that are right next to each other (without having to pay for another subscription).

What I'm trying to do is to run QCharts on one PC and my automatic trading system (which uses QCharts data feed) on another machine.

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Unfortunately, that's an exchange requirement for real-time data, since it's fee liable. One user equals one PC at a time. As you found, you can install on as many PC's as you'd like but you can only run one at a time.

Thanks.

5. As long as you're answering questions, what do I need to subscribe to to get RT spot VIX? Also, what is the symbol for the VIX futures?

Is the only way to get the cash S&P 500 through the S&P index subscription?

It would be very helpful if your website listed what is actually included in each product subscription.

6. Also, I just noticed that ETFs that are listed as ARCX are not Rt even though I have NYSE RT. What do I need to sub to to get them RT?

Seriously, you guys need to work on explaining this stuff better. Most of us don't have a couple of spare hours to click around on your website trying to figure out what to do.

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Try this Index lookup site. Just type in the symbol you currently follow (like $VIX) and you'll get back what exchange/package you need to subscribe to for real-time. $VIX is part of the new MDI package.

Thanks.

8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Most ETF's still come through AMEX, so you'll need to add that exchange. I agree, it's confusing that they are listed ARCX since you can't directly sign-up for ARCX. We'll see how we can make that clearer but most others are fairly straightforward with most XL codes listed here.

Thanks.

9. LOL :D

#10     Dec 23, 2009