S&P cuts U.S. ratings outlook to negative

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

History is being made.

How times have changed.

15 years ago, US Treasuries were considered "the" safest investment on the planet.

Say.......bye,bye.

#31     Apr 18, 2011
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Stupidity,

Please go back to the food stamp line (it certainly beats working or trading, right)? You've already filled your quota of drive-by drivel posts today.

#32     Apr 18, 2011
  3. No, I want people to stop listening to ratings agencies altogether and form their own opinion. Ratings agencies are useless. People on this board act as if the USA is now in a worse off position than they were before this announcement.

I didn't put words in your mouth. You implied that S&P has now lifted the smoke and mirrors, and did a great service by this announcement. When in reality, this announcement means nothing.

No idea what your "pom pom triplets" comment means, but coming from you, I assume it is something irrationally biased.

#33     Apr 18, 2011
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

The market is indicating that the anouncement must mean something. I didnt say one word about what a great service the agency did by releasing that statement, i just implied that they are now doing their actual job.

and you know exactly what "pom pom triplets" means....I bet you half the board knows what it means when it refers to you.

#34     Apr 18, 2011
  5. I wonder if his plans includes getting rid of ethanol subsides and the 50 billion a year we give to the sugar industry to keep sugar at 22 cents a pound or the billions we give to the oil industry as well..

Any of these things on his plan?

#35     Apr 18, 2011
  6. benwm

benwm

yes I think so
    well, I mean they should be right?
    get rid of all loopholes for special interest groups and then cut corporate tax rate to 25%

but then again, he's a politician, so probably no

#36     Apr 18, 2011
  7. It's about Time.

Now is the chance for the Politicians to take their head out of the sand.

There will be two possible outcomes.

1. The Nation Wakes up, emergency meetings leading to bi-partisan
    serious cost cutting measures.

2. "THE EQUALIZATION BILL" Is passed to confiscate the businesses and profits from all those who own more than one business. A new FED TAX will be levied against the TEXAS, COLORADO, NORTH DAKOTA States as they are oil producing states and can bring in more Revenue...than many other states.

The President will come out and talk about the COMMON GOOD and that the RICH and SUCCESSFUL should be taxed 50% and that revenue should be equally distributed among citizens.

The US TREASURY will confiscate all HARD ASSETS, from Gold and Silver to OIL RIGS and KEY PRIVATE LAND AND RE.

#37     Apr 18, 2011
  8. Sorry, but I have no clue. It's a shame you aren't able to explain yourself.

#38     Apr 18, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

here comes the BTFD.

#39     Apr 18, 2011
  10. I completely agree. This was LONG OVERDUE. It is scary but we just have to face it. The US just can't handle its debt responsibly. Congressmen are too busy trying to keep a clean image that they aren't fixing anything.

#40     Apr 18, 2011