S&P Capitalization +$2.7 TRILLION

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Jul 30, 2009.

1. You don't have the mental capacity to follow the simple flow of a conversation which makes it extra hard to talk markets.

Do I need to draw it out in pictures for you to follow? Now go back and re-read the 1st post and ask yourself if you see the word, "employment" in it. In that 1st post you'll find a very simple point which seems to have escaped your social science skills.

Take a heavy dose of ginko biloba so you can actually remember what the 1st post said.

Focus!

#21     Jul 31, 2009
  2. Notice where he does ALL of his posting.
    It helps ET generate web-activity.

Why else would ET have such a forum
    if it was really meant for traders???

#22     Jul 31, 2009
  3. You don't take the S&P or Dow Jones to the grocery store. The paper "wealth" in the markets is largely dependent on the continuous supply of "bigger fools" who buy your share for more money than you paid for it. The equity markets in this sense are a sophisticated ponzi scheme. If you buy an insignificant amount of shares from a non dividend paying company, you get nothing in terms of "real intrinsic value" You can't demand or exchange your proportion of ownership for the same proportion of earnings/assets(and you don't get any real say in what the company does either). What you do get, is a hope that somebody will pay more for your stake.

The markets have not done anything for 10 years. It could easily turn to 20.

I don't want to be like Kudlow&Dennis Kneal who use the markets as the ultimate oracle. The markets(with the exception of NASDAQ of course) made their tops just as subprime mortgage was getting into high gear and set the stage for financial armageddon. What that means is that markets don't know/ understand shit and can't be used as objective indicators of economic health.

Whether you are talking about deficits, unemployment levels, "deleveraging", housing, we are still in bad shape. There is nothing to celebrate. I would measure the wealth of joe sixpack by the proportion of his income (if he has a job!) going to pay expenses, level of savings, etc. I think it is tragic that the financial industry convinced the general public that the financial markets can be a wealth generating device for society at large and a way to pay for your retirement.

#23     Jul 31, 2009
  4. Hey, trader

Please feel free to post your brokerage account statement for the month of July.

I dare you, Pussy.

#24     Jul 31, 2009