S&P about out of gas?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Manolo, Mar 7, 2004.

1. pspr

pspr

Manolo, maybe a dart board would serve you better than adjusting your technical analysis to fit your belief.

#51     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Manolo

Manolo

To further your analogy, I think the dart I threw has hit the bullseye, so far.

For anyone who disagrees with me, or thinks I use archaic methodology, I say "different strokes for different folks". It's whatever works for YOU. There are no magic formulas.

#52     Mar 10, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So why keep asking if people agree with you?

#53     Mar 10, 2004
  4. taodr

taodr

IMHO the markets are behaving just like a high jumper. Moving away, pacing themselves then they charge to jump higher than the record. Soon we are going to jump much higher. Not withstanding there are peculiar items out there. Jobs. Please 5.6 % unemployed is better than virtually every country. The noise is just politics. The Arabs today are squeezing the oil supply. Notably Saudi Arabia. America's "Great friend" Maybe they just want Bush out, Democratic Presidents are "soft" with terrorists. Maybe Greenspan was laying it out. Be prepared. Interest rates will be low in forseeable future, get a adjustable mortgage. A huge segment of the population is heading towards retirement. Maybe by 2008 real estate prices will be down considerably. Most important IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AS IT WAS IN THE 1990'S.
    Next year 2005 is when the markets will probably really BUST.:cool:

#54     Mar 10, 2004
  5. Manolo

Manolo

For obvious reasons. I want to know if anyone sees things my way. It doesn't mean you must see things my way. Traders see a multitude of things. And many may disagree with me.

Which part of "do you agree" don't you understand?

#55     Mar 10, 2004
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why you ask, since it doesn't matter to you whether anyone agrees with you or not.

#56     Mar 10, 2004
  7. Manolo

Manolo

Of course it matters, just not to my trading. I'm not altering my trading because someone may or may not agree with me.

But I would like to have an intelligent dialogue about the potential correction, and as such, I would like to know if anyone sees things my way. Apparently some do, as indicated from the poll. I just wish they would chime in with their reasons as well.

#57     Mar 10, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

All this may be true, but you're posting as if the "correction" were a foregone conclusion (e.g., the number of comments regarding how right you are "so far", usually in reply to someone who disagrees with you). This suggests that posting any other sort of analysis would be a waste of time. Hence, the lack of participation.

#58     Mar 10, 2004
  9. Manolo

Manolo

Fair enough.

Of course the jury is still out on whether we are still in a trading range or in the beginning of a corrective mode. That's why I enjoy talking now, before there are conclusive results.

I welcome all types of analysis. I ask you to point out a single time when I attacked, or even disrespected someone for disagreeing with me. I have not and will not. I don't disrespect anyone. I treat people the way I would like to be treated.

As far as the lack of participation, I think you may be exagerating this point. The poll is tightly contested, and the thread views outnumber most other recent threads. Someones paying attention. And to whomever is reading this, I ask you to chime in with your views.

This is a very interesting topic. Are we in the beginning stages of a correction, or is this a niormal fluctuation and we are stuck in a trend?

#59     Mar 10, 2004
  10. Yawn . . .

#60     Mar 10, 2004