S&P 500 Futures Limits for 3/09/20

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by FSU, Mar 9, 2020.

1. FSU

FSU

Here are the futures limits in the SPU's for Monday that I have found. Please correct if you have other information. I rounded all numbers so could be off by a point.

Previous close price 2967.80

Overnight limit, can't trade below but can trade above.
    -5% 2819
    Intra day

-7% Trading Halt 15 mins

-13% Trading Halt 15 mins

-20% Closed for rest of day

After 2:25pm ct (or maybe 2:00ct ?) only the 20% number applies

comagnum, wrbtrader, Sig and 4 others like this.
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Yep and there you have it once again....cant trade down, but can trade up as high as it wants.

Amazing how everything can be limited to the downside but upside can go on forever. There should be no such thing as circuit breakers. Just let the markets trade where they are supposed without any kind of intervention!!!!!!!!!!

Ironplates likes this.
  3. southall

southall

20% down move in one day not enough for you?

Do you want to see your broker blown out of the water as well with all your funds gone and have to wait years to get your money back?

wrbtrader and FriskyCat like this.
  4. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

I agree. The OP should just trade crude if he wants the thrill of massive volatility. Down 33% from Friday and still flying around.

5. S2007S

S2007S

Well wouldn't that give you and everyone the awesomeness of buying g companies at 60-80% off??
    Bargain basement prices, but nope.

6. S2007S

S2007S

Long USO around 6.58 pre market. Will buy more if it dips below 6.

Cuddles and .sigma like this.
  7. S2007S

S2007S

TBT anyone?

Anyone trading this?????????

.sigma likes this.
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think he’s just offering information. He never said he’s hoping for a 20percent drop

.sigma likes this.
  9. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

You can do that right now with just about every company in the energy sector. Obviously, the bigger issue is that once they are 80% off their debt becomes harder to service and the companies can go into a death spiral. A one-day 60-80% off is just a pipe dream, you aren't considering funding issues, margin liquidations, brokerages going under (as Southall alluded to).

10. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

At least that will still survive, UWT is in a fight for its life.

#10     Mar 9, 2020