S due for a rebound, but not just yet?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by zxd, Apr 23, 2010.

  1. zxd


    Hey guys,

    Sprint [Ticker: S] I believe I due for a rebound in the next 3-6 months. The stock has had a recently rally the last few days holding above $4 for more than a week as well. Earnings come out on 4/28 and I'm hoping it dives after the reporting for a buying opportunity.

    The book value is $6+ though, and I don't know if waiting is a good idea or not. I wanna go big on this, I think they're due to turn around with 4G, new phones, and cheaper plans. What do you guys think?

    Do you think the recent increases are due to anticipation of earnings and earnings will bring a drop?
  2. zxd


    Anyone have any opinions on S? Still trading in the 4's, book value of $6+, I don't know if I should wait for a pullback or get in now
  3. akmusic


    Yes I agree with you that Sprint will hit $6. I traded this stock several times last month and in march and made some great money from it. However now I have a margin account and buying any stock under $6 really screws up the ratio they give me. If I put more money into my account I will def be buying more sprint. I think Citigroup is a gem also.
  4. zxd


    Yeah, I was trading this stock on the short-term as well, buying and selling in the 3's, I didn't see the big picture then and regret not holding a big position in the $3's. I'm reading Market Wizards right now and one advice someone give about trading in the book was to not stop yourself from buying something when it's on the uptrend.

    Just really confused about this one, can't see whether or not it's a good buy or if I should wait.