RYZEN 2200g

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GotherL, Jul 19, 2021.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

Try a different browser.

#11     Jul 20, 2021
  2. I suspect your setup has a software problem. Opening a 2nd browser should not spike CPU usage by 40%. If software is the cause, more RAM and faster CPU will do little to solve.

My CPU has similar passmark score as yours. With 2 browsers and Sierra Chart open my CPU usage is ~6%... Sierra takes most of it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    #12     Jul 20, 2021
  3. GotherL

GotherL

No it's using the onboard Ryzen 2200g graphics.

#13     Jul 20, 2021
  4. GotherL

GotherL

What do you mean by software issue? Like Malware?

#14     Jul 20, 2021
  5. GotherL

GotherL

#15     Jul 20, 2021
  6. Generally not that. When your CPU is running high percentage, it usually means your computer is struggling with some software conflict issue and/or components. To troubleshoot, disable all background apps and see if it clears up. If it does, add them back one at a time until you find the offender. If that doesn't work, go to your "startup" and disable everything. Hopefully your CPU usage will then be "normal". If so, add back your startup programs one at a time until you find the offender. However, may be some other software thingy... like you have a resources conflict running 2 browsers at the same time and the problem is that your graphics chip "doesn't like that". Can be challenging to find the cause. Worst case... reinstall W10... CPU usage should be very low on a fresh install. Then add programs one at a time until you find the problem. (Be sure to make a backup image or clone of your present setup, just in case.)

Are you running tic charts? If so, they can really strain a rig. Change to a longer time frame... like 1 minute bars.

Then again, it could be malware so you might have to troubleshoot that possibility also.

You'll want to find and solve the problem before spending money on hardware/upgrades.

Good luck. :)

#16     Jul 20, 2021
  7. That also indicates problem like I described above. Likely some software issue is making your hardware "freak out", to a degree. I've had similar myself. Not my favorite problem to troubleshoot.

#17     Jul 20, 2021
  8. You may want to check in the task manager which process is taking how much of your CPU % and/or memory %. That might give you an impression which software application is causing a heavy load.

#18     Jul 20, 2021
    Scataphagos likes this.
  9. You might want to update your RAM to 16gb at least and, if you have a budget for it, get a new APU as well. You need to check if your motherboard has a AM4 socket. I guess you do since you are using a 2200g. You check CPUs and compare them here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/

#19     Aug 31, 2021
  10. How many browsers do you open and then close and open another... as far as the CPU -> Nov 10, 2020 ยท Ryzen 3 2200G is a 64-bit quad-core low-end performance x86 desktop microprocessor introduced by AMD in early 2018.

#20     Sep 2, 2021