Ryan Jones - the final frontier in snakeoil!!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by 50 cent, May 5, 2004.

1. whatever happend to this guy or his menthod? I received a similiar fixed-ratio email from another trader with spreadsheet. Which shows basically trading 1 contract until you reach a fixed ration of $800 for 8 weeks, then switch to 2, 3, 4, 5, and finally 8 contracts. I wonder it does not talk about drawdowns.

#81     Jun 23, 2010
  2. his method is easily available/decoded on a number of websites. He used to try and sell it for many hundreds+ as if it were some kind of protected secret. From the testing I have seen done, it generally seems to underperform a simple fixed fractional.

#82     Jun 23, 2010
  3. KRUZMAN

KRUZMAN

I will only say this once, and probably never appear again.
    I read this thread by accident.
    I qualify myself to make a comment on this matter because,
    I have been there and back again? Like Frodo.
    I am a Drummond Geometrist. That should do it.
    I have been hooked on all the "guru" snake oil to last a lifetime in my prior life.
    I have read the book, many times over,written by said author Ryan Jones.
    I am not an expert on Ryan Jones.
    I can only speak from my experience.
    You have to determine for yourself what to make of it.
    I have turned $7000 into $75000 in less than a year.
    Trading options-enough said(meaning if you do this at any time in your lifetime you are part of an elite class of lucky son-of-a-bitches!).
    And then lost it all in Futures,(of course I did, whoever gets to keep it??).
    It's been 10 years.
    If I had a MM strategy like Fixed Ratio, It would have been IMPOSSIBLE to destroy my trading account over-trading like I was doing.
    I have many systems I have developed over the 5 years since I have "blown myself up."
    I have systems of 85% plus accuracy, all back-tested from 2000 forward(mostly to do with options and SSF).
    You cannot use any data prior to 2000, because it was the greatest bull market ever known to man-and what kills me, is most of us who were in it never knew it?!?
    But if you do not have a MM strategy, anything, to guide you, to keep you out of trouble from over-trading-you are DOOMED.
    Anything is better than nothing.
    I hate the 5% percent rule, REALLLLLY???
    I will be dead before I get anywhere with that one.
    Fixed Ratio Trading? I have not found anything better.
    Maybe Ryan's a punk!?!
    So what.
    It works.
    I beat the famous Dr. Van Tharp's Positon Sizing game the first time through using only Fixed Ration, on all 3 Levels before I had to pay to continue on.
    Maybe Van Tharp should be calling me to find out how I did it, when soooo many professsiooonnalllss fails soooooo many times to understand how important position sizing is???
    And then I'd say, "well Tharp, have you read Ryan's book???
    (Just joking, I love Dr. Van Tharp.)
    Well-Fixed Ratio told me how much and when, and I was able to beat the game-no problem.
    I also used it over a 10 year period on various systems I have developed, and it worked-much better than I thought.
    Do your homework.
    Maybe Ryan is trying to make some money on his innovative MM strategy, or whatever strategy he has developed.
    I have some systems I would rather sell, than trade, to make instant money also.
    Why would anyone share a remarkable idea, if there was not something in it for him? And on top, you would feel better knowing you are helping people improve to boot.
    Think about it?
    Sorry, just trying to help.
    Backtest it, i know it takes time and effort.
    You will see the results.
    But give it your due diligence.
    Why do i care what you all think?
    I guess I got mad for some reason, because I have been where you are at, and there is only 2 things that work.
    A system, and more importantly a MM strategy to keep you out of trouble(or control risk of ruin).

#83     Feb 14, 2011
  4. Rayn

Rayn

I also read 'the trading game' about a year ago and thought it was a excellent book after running some numbers on my own trading.

i think he has done what most educators do - become a sell out, why trade with risk even if you are profitable when you can hock all your goods and make money risk free ? it truly cheapens the profession and images of these guys when they stoop to these levels.

His salesman tactics aside, I would never purchase any of his courses or video tutorials etc but I really did like the book it helped me very much in my trading and I would def. recommend it.:)

#84     Oct 2, 2011
  5. dlonET

dlonET

So this is all from Drummond Geometry? I thought it is not a system but 'just' to understand the market.

#85     Nov 10, 2011