Ryan Jones Book The Trading Game

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Raleigh Lee, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Mark, I have noticed that traders in general on these message boards can be rude and outright slanderous. To some degree, it is understandable as there is a lot of misinformation and deceit in this industry. But there is no reason for outright lies. People read something and then take it completely out of context and make it to be something it is not. Publish anything and you are fair game for criticism. I don't mind, none of it changes how I trade.

Tango...are you talking about Oscar Goldman, way back in 2001? That was not my chat room, it was his. I parted ways with him as soon as I realized what I was dealing with. If that is not the one you are talking about, refresh my memory as I don't recall having a chat room where I called out trades.

Hurricane, tell me, which presentation did you view and what was it you didn't like about it?

All,

As for my options track record...I just hit 47 trades in a row before hitting a small loss today. Have not suffered a loss since July of last year. Real trades, not hypothetical. I have many, many subscribers who are witness to this. No, I never rolled any of them (to mask a loss which is what was inferred by one gentleman). I'll send the track record to whoever wants to see. And no, I'm not trying to sell it because it is full with a waiting list.

That doesn't mean everything I do is profitable. It certainly is not. I've had a small account I have been trying to ramp up for almost 2-years now trading one strategy and keep running into snags. I'm down about $300 over 2-years. I'm making progress with it though.

As for money management, I can easily prove that the Fixed Ratio method is far and away better than any Fixed fractional method. Give me any track record and I'll gladly post the results of applying both to the track record and it will be plain to see.

Finally, you won't find anyone in this industry that tells it like it is more than I do. I hammer on risks, on taking responsibilities for your actions and your trades. I trade everything I put out there.
    I don't candy coat the risks...I have hundreds of letters from clients, long letters, not just a sentence or two giving a comment, stating this very fact. Anyone who says differently has never listened to me for any length of time. But instead, they see 47 winners in a row and they automatically think there is no way, this guy is full of it. I understand being cautious when you hear something like that, but to just make things up that support your opinion without having any facts.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions and start a real dialogue.

#21     Mar 18, 2013
    David Folster likes this.
  2. tango29

tango29

No, I believe his 1st name was Tim. I had an email from him I was going to post, but unfortunately must have been deleted at some point over the years.
    I truly hope you and your subscribers are doing well, I simply presented my experience, and for me it was another learning point on my road in trading. I haven't bought any systems in a long time, or sat in a chatroom. So in a sense vendors were valuable to me in that I learned I needed to learn and develop my own system.

#22     Mar 19, 2013