RXIS's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by RXIS, Dec 1, 2005.

1. RXIS

RXIS

Missed most of the morning market.
    I've been waiting for to ES price to move up but I sold at the same time it took off. It went up about 2.25 points. Maybe next time I shouldn't sell just before 1:00 eastern.

I'm also missing out every time I try to short YG. I wait for a movement up before shorting it either I don't get a fill or it just tanks at that moment.

#11     Dec 14, 2005
  2. RXIS

RXIS

Made a $25 with one trade of QM

ES actually hit the high at 1285.

I shouldn't have felt bad for not taking advantage of the numerous opportunities with ES today and should have stopped trading with about a 125 profit.

Lost all of todays's YG profits trading the afternoon ES. I went long instead of short. ugh Wasn't it obvious to go short?

Down to 23 profit.

EDIT: I've been trading this last hour of the ES and came out with a $123 profit. I think I can make more but I'll quit while ahead.

#12     Dec 14, 2005
  3. RXIS

RXIS

12/15

Bought and holding GS. Didn't take profits because I'm waiting for it to move up higher within the next couple of days. I think if I the PDT didn't apply to me I could have traded profitably.

I didn't even bother trading anything else.

#13     Dec 16, 2005
  4. RXIS

RXIS

I'm so screwed.
    Still holding GS.
    Lost on ES.

Yesterdays balance: 17500
    today so far: 16900

#14     Dec 16, 2005
  5. RXIS

RXIS

its doom and gloom for me

loss ES...two bad trades...didn't cut my losses

loss on GS...i should have just taken whatever profits I had yesterday. I shouldn't have followed my rule to not sell just because of potential gains that could be made by preserving my allowed number of trades.

-76 realized
    -230 unrealized

-558 futures

#15     Dec 16, 2005
  6. RXIS

RXIS

doom and gloom

#16     Dec 19, 2005
  7. RXIS

RXIS

148 futures Pnl
    138 after commish

Traded ZG ES NQ

No profit with NQ. I placed an experimental trade with NQ that resulted in losing my .40 cents in profits. I found out that I paid about $15 round turn. This confused me for the greater part of the morning because I've never paid so much in commish on NQ.

I'm looking for a low point to buy gold.

Didn't short QM, CHK, DVN.

Trading futures and stocks at the same time is a bit of a challenge for me right now. I stayed out of energy because I knew it would be overwhelming to keep track of everything.

I also stayed out of stocks even though I have 3 trades available because I haven't been watching stocks closely enough and it has affected my confidence in execution.

I think replacing my crt monitor with a larger lcd will help. Actually i think I'll try to add another lcd and keep my crt.

I think I would have profited at least a couple hundred more but I was a bit cautious.

I often hear the phrase "missed profits and better than lost profits", but in this case I think I was being too conservative.

#17     Dec 27, 2005