Ruthless, the key to success

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoMoreOptions, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Passion, attention to detail, and discipline are the keys to success in all aspects of life.

#11     Jun 23, 2003
  2. being ruthless works in business, being ruthless is the fastest way of blowing out your account in trading.

peace,

surfer:)

#12     Jun 23, 2003
  3. So it seems everyone has there own definition of what ruthless is. NoMoreOptions stated, "When I look back in my career, for every each business project in which I enforce strict ruthless strategy and tactics, I was successful. On the contrary, for those in which I was distracted by factors like business partners, society, and even family, I end up with no gain and mostly failures. So the key in my book is to be ruthless to succeed. Don't you agree"

Yes I wholeheartedly agree, with that definition of ruthless. Ruthless meaning a strong adherence to one's beliefs, values, goals, methods and trusting your intuition on the importance of trading as one's career. How else could you follow through with your plan? I am not sure and cannot speak for anyone else, but during my trading career thus far, I have hadd many family members, "friends", and others, who, and I am sure meant well, would have rather seen me get a "real job." There were also those who were true supports. But at the times when you feel like you may be looking into the proverbial "abyss," it may well be your own ruthless adherence to your goal, at the likely odds with other's understanding and acceptance, that bring the rewards you seek. In that sense, ruthlessness is the key to finding solutions and adapting your behavior to meet your target.

Then again it may be better to avoid the abyss altogether, and get that desk job you always dreamt about. :cool:

#13     Jun 24, 2003
  4. bobcathy - I totally agree with the concept you are talking about here...Karma has a way of catching up with those who burn people...I've seen it over and over. I try to treat people like I want to be treated...until they prove themselves to be just (as you say) a "bastard". I've met several ruthless and successful people, Larry Ellison comes to mind currently...but I have to admit..I prefer to be disciplined and willing to learn more, and also I try to be humble, because the markets have humbled me many times.

rttrader -

#14     Jun 24, 2003
  5. benysl

benysl

Ruthless??? no way man you can be ruthless in other career but no way in the market. The more ruthless I am the worse my trading account get.

Discipline yes if I can be discipline enough I will be ok:)

NoMoreOptions

06-23-03 12:33 AM
    Ruthless, the key to success
    When I look back in my career, for every each business project in which I enforce strict ruthless strategy and tactics, I was successful. On the contrary, for those in which I was distracted by factors like business partners, society, and even family, I end up with no gain and mostly failures. So the key in my book is to be ruthless to succeed. Don't you agree.

#15     Jun 26, 2003