Russian ruble

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraDaToR, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Xela

Xela

"No underclass"?!

Russia?!

"No underclass"?! [​IMG]

I don't know which planet you're referring to, but it clearly isn't this one!

#11     Nov 9, 2016
  2. Despite some noise overnight, 6R is close to UNCH.
    tt-chart (87).png

#12     Nov 9, 2016
  3. zdreg

zdreg

it should have read no substantial class. you are likely to quibble over the definition of substantial.

#13     Nov 9, 2016
  4. Ruble is going to go up, for sure. Trump going to lift sanctions and recognise Crimea.

#14     Nov 9, 2016
    TraDaToR and zdreg like this.
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

USD back from the abyss... I certainly wouldn't have bet on this:wtf:

#15     Nov 9, 2016
  6. doggyfx

doggyfx

Sorry its BS.
    Its all carry traders and oil is still low.
    Sticking to the topic, buying ruble is pretty good idea which I has already put into practice :)

#16     Nov 9, 2016
    TraDaToR likes this.
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Yes, yesterday was epic, those willing to bet on a quick turnaround in USD, equities, bonds, gold must have made much more money than they first hoped for.
    Anyway I don't have an opinion about Ruble, but russian stocks looked good valuewise before the US election and they look better today, I'll probably increase a small position I opened a little earlier

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    #17     Nov 10, 2016
    TraDaToR likes this.
  8. luisHK

luisHK

By investing in oil you mean buying oil linked stocks rather than oil futures/ etf, right ?

In that optic investing in russian stocks might be better than buying rubles, I already have more funds invested in markets linked to oil than I'm really confortable with but Russia seems an attractive bet at the moment, even with flat oil prices ( this opinion is not coming from a deep analysis though, I'll be happy to read contradictory points of view)

#18     Nov 10, 2016
  9. Russia is a gas station with a nuclear arsenal. The Trump/Putin dynamic does not trump that reality.

#19     Nov 10, 2016
    zdreg and TraDaToR like this.
  10. The Trump victory is a more bullish catalyst for the US Dollar than the probable rate hike in December. His economic plan will add buoyancy to the US financial system. The Ruble will probably continue to trade in strong correlation to the US Dollar because it maintains a high benchmark rate. I anticipate when the Ruble moves up it won't get very far because liquidity has its' merits. On the other hand I anticipate when the Ruble moves down it won't get very far either because of the interest rate incentive.

#20     Nov 15, 2016
    zdreg likes this.