Russian President refers to Bush as an Idiot, praises Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Apr 13, 2010.

1. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzW8OQeVx4I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzW8OQeVx4I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

STEPHANOPOULOS: You've now met with President Obama many times. At least 15 meetings and phone calls.

MEDVEDEV: Sixteen times.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Sixteen. Okay, I knew it was 15. I wasn't sure about the 16. What do you make of Barack Obama the man?

MEDVEDEV: He's very comfortable partner, it's very interesting to be with him. The most important thing that distinguishes him from many other people - I won't name anyone by name - he's a thinker, he thinks when he speaks. Which is already pretty good.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You had somebody in your mind, I think. (LAUGHS)

MEDVEDEV: Obviously I do have someone on my mind. I don't want to offend anyone. He's eager to listen to his partner, which is a pretty good quality for a politician. Because any politician is to a certain degree a mentor. They preach something. And the ability to listen to their partner is very important for the politician. And he is pretty deeply emerged in the subject, so he has a good knowledge of what he's talking about. There was no instance in our meetings with Mr. Obama where he wasn't well prepared for the questions. This is very good. And after all, he's simply a very pleasant man with whom it's a pleasure to deal with.

2. and we though the rest of the world respected a cowboy tough guy.

3. You did?! Where have you been?

4. Dima is just pleased that Obama is bowing to the whim of Russia. I know Russians. Anything or Anyone who lessens the United States in any way, raises the power and influence of Russia and is good.

Certainly much better than someone who has antagonized them with missile shields. Take that how you want, but Russia is talking it's book.

5. +10

6. Be careful who's praise you celebrate.

If it was coming from the British PM it means one thing when it comes from people cutting off heating oil to Europe during the winter it might not be so flattering.

7. Mercor

Mercor

Who is the " cowboy tough guy" you're talking of. And why are you comparing our Dear Leader President Obama (D-Kenya) to him.

Cowboy long gone....

8. Gawd, you're one of the few non-idiots on this board. These stupid fucks who inhabit ET are so clueless it's hard to imagine them getting out of bed.

The popularity of a U.S. President among foreigners-not just Russians-is directly correlated to how WEAK he makes the U.S. appear on the world stage. Think of how American's viewed Putin. Was he popular here? Hardly. Why? Because he represented a STRONGER RUSSIA. Does anyone in their RIGHT FUCKING MIND think that the French, Russians, Spanish are rooting for a BETTER AMERICA? If you're a BoSox fan do you think to yourself, " good for those Yankees, I'm really glad they strengthened their bullpen"?

9. Hello

Hello

Shouldnt you be out looking for a job or something? Or are one of those ones Obama no longer considers unemployed because you have just given up trying? There was a sign today at my McDonalds when i went for breakfast, you should try starting there.

10. its kind of hard to dismiss the russian president calling bush an idiot when we already knew that here.
    it is a bit surprising that other world leaders were laughing behind his back too. who can forget this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk4O6B0CML4

#10     Apr 13, 2010