Russian collapse coming?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ivanovich, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Agreed. Back to the Russian economy. Spaceeba Bolshoi.

#31     Sep 18, 2008
  2. AFter being unable to cite a second source of information for this post I have decided to question the validity.

The poster regrets the error.

#32     Sep 18, 2008
  3. Cesko

Cesko

If it's just a discounted market. I don't think you can follow formulas simply like that. I guess Georgian war was just catalyst for all the shit (business-wise) going on in Russia. During previous crash, perception of Russia was still "huge market" for money to be made. Not anymore. And as long as Putin and cronies are in power nothing will change.

Words from Russian investment people.

"If you think you are gonna make money in Russia think twice"

In ironic coincidence I've read a week ago:"Russians do everything possible to kick money out of Russia".

Disclaimer:
    Admittedly, I am biased reg. Russians. I despise them too much.

#33     Sep 18, 2008
  4. Mecro

Mecro

I'm from there, have property and family there, as well as Ukraine which underwent a genocide by hunger under Stalin. I know more than you ever could in 10 lifetimes. You spew Western media rhetoric. Can you honestly be that dumb to not even realize that?

The irony. You're clueless.

Like I said, find out who financed the Communists/Bolsheviks, where the group was founded. Hint: It was not even on the same continent as Russia. You can also try reading into some of Lenin's & Stalin's quotes about the powers which pull their strings. Oh yeah, neither of them were Russian, btw.
    While you are at it, check out the financiers behind Hitler, as well as the companies which built his war machine. 3 of them are currently part of the Dow Index. Maybe look up Standard Oil and ask why was an American company supporting close to half Hitler's oil needs while sending its own soldiers to fight him. Hmm, by any chance hear of Union Banking Corporation?

But considering your hate toward Russians, I'm guessing you got your heart broken by a young Russian gold digger. You obviously do not earn enough to quench her greed. So take your savings and go get mental help.

#34     Sep 18, 2008
  5. Mecro

Mecro

Well, I'm just saying, the gold-digger mentality took new shapes & forms in USA. The russian women who are into that just took it to a new level. But at the same time, just take a look at US pop culture, the attitudes of most American women, it's sickening. Who wants to marry a millionaire show, millionaire match, etc.

There are two types of girls in Moscow. Those who just want money and those who just want to have some fun with cool guys. It's the same in NYC. If you are a guy and all you meet are gold-diggers, it's not them, it's YOU.

#35     Sep 18, 2008
  6. Mecro

Mecro

You don't say, lol. I can sense how butthurt you are.

A little revelation. Most of the scumbags who are doing these deeds are not even real Russians.

#36     Sep 18, 2008
  7. Oh, I'd take a Russian girl over an American every day and twice on Sunday. And I agree, if you're hanging out in clubs like Zepplin or Petrovich (ah, those were the days) or even...heh...Metelitsa then yeah, don't complain when you get the former.

#37     Sep 18, 2008
  8. vv111y

vv111y

My 2 cents,

A Russian lady I know told me that Moscow is considered 'like another country' by the rest of Russia. It truly stands out. Not a lot of love there apparently.

Oh, and how could I forget the family (distant) that I have over there who are in deep poverty and barely getting by. And the wife and daughter are zero like the Moscow Natasha's you guys mentioned.
    Yeah, it's only an anecdote.

now that I think about it, there's a whole small group of Russian ladies here - hard working and trustworthy. Now their husbands....

#38     Sep 18, 2008
  9. And how is this different from American girls?

#39     Sep 18, 2008
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

In Chinese kung fu there is a fatal move, when you are locked in a bear huge and you can not get out, you kill the opponent by running the sword thru you first.

#40     Sep 18, 2008